Chapter 22: An Old Friend

The fog danced around me as I observed the reunion in front of me, standing at the top of the stairs. The two sisters embraced each other, their voices a low murmur. I wanted to give them space, there was so much that they needed to catch up on.

While I stood there, I couldn't push away my past sins coming back to haunt me. It had been me who had delayed this meeting, I had misled both of them, withheld information. Regret was all I felt, and it punched me in the gut as I saw Jinx's tearful face.

"What matters is that we are together," I heard Vi conclude, pulling Jinx into another embrace.

The girl's watering blue eyes met mine.

"Y/n, you're back too," Jinx snivelled, smiling through her tears, "We can finally all be together again"

"We can," I beamed, walking over to them both.

Vi grinned at me faintly and pulled me into the embrace, ruffling my h/c hair. We were all in a huddle together, feeling frozen in time as we clung to one another. This would not last for very long however. Crows cawed in the distance, hurried footsteps clanging on the metal. Someone else was here.

Jinx looked up, gasping loudly. She pushed away from both of us, my heart dropping as she held out her minigun defensively. I spun on my heel to see Caitlyn frozen in fear, standing where I had been only moments ago.

"Who's she?" Jinx demanded, looking from me to Vi.

"Who are you?" Caitlyn snapped back.

"It's okay, she's a friend," Vi explained quickly, shooting a glance at me as she motioned for Jinx to lower her weapon.

"We know her, she won't hurt us," I added.

Jinx looked unconvinced, fury beginning to form on her face as she held out the minigun firmly.

"Sevika wasn't lying? You're with an enforcer?" she questioned, eyes wild with rage, "And you know her too y/n?"

"We'll explain later-" I began.

I cut off as I heard a clinking sound, seeing the all too familiar blue gemstone rolling nearby our feet. Caitlyn's eyes widened with realisation as she saw it too.

"Your sister is Jinx?" The Piltovian finally realised, staring straight at Vi.

"Caitlyn just listen, we can work this out," Vi reasoned.

"Listen, a lot of horrible shit has happened to Jinx, she's not a bad person," I testified, Caitlyn looking at me incredulously.

Chaos ensued, Jinx beginning to break down, Vi regretting ever calling her a Jinx and insisting on calling her Powder. This was too much, everything was unravelling before my eyes. I stepped back, head heavy with thoughts as the two sisters argued. Jinx kept pointing her minigun at us, me and Vi desperately trying to plead with her and console her before she did anything irrational. But the damage had already been done. She was convinced that Vi and Caitlyn had came only for the hextech crystal, her head turning to me.

"But then why are you here y/n," she pointed the gun at me accusingly and I raised my hands.

"Because I found Vi, but I promise you she's not here for the crystal."

Vi nodded in agreement, but that didn't stop Jinx from holding the gun to her face. As she began to start it I pushed it away.

"Don't do that, guns aren't going to resolve anything," I urged.

I backed away as Vi stepped forward and placed a comforting hand on her sister's arm, assuring her that she was never going to abandon her again. That wasn't enough. Jinx frantically waved her hands above her head, telling voices silent to us to shut up.