FIVE

"When you become mine," he smoothens her hair.

   "Yours?" She tilted her head, a smile gracing her lips.

             ________________________

    "Dance with me," Miran whispered in her ears. He wraps his hands around her waist. Kim looked up at him. She was in a sparkling gown. They drew the attention of everyone.

  "I don't think I should," Kim looked around.

  "Come on, it won't hurt you to dance." He says, softly.

  "So, she is the girl." Kim heard someone murmur.

"Hey, pay attention to me," he says, grabbing her chin.

"Okay," she smiles, walking to the floor with him.

"I didn't know you could dance so well." she smiles following his movement.

"There are many things you don't know about me," He turned her over. She went down on him slowly and came slowly. He wrapped his hands around her. They danced to the rhythm of the song.

  "That isn't as flattering as you think it sounds," she holds his neck and their heads meet. Kim's gaze went down his lips. They looked beautiful and shiny, he seemed to have put something on them.

"Really?" His eyes locked with hers.

"Yes, it got me curious but, also cautious. Because... there are many things I don't know about you."

It twirls her away and pulls her back to him. "I wanna kiss you," he says, staring at her lips.

"What?" She looks back at him as the music stops and the lights came back on.

  "I guess that's enough," He pulls away from her. Kim stared at him, she had heard him fine. Why did he have to ask her?

   "Oh, your dress is so pretty," A middle-aged woman said, as she neared her.

  "Mom, not now," He holds Kim by her waist.

  "Mom?" She took her eyes off him and turned in her direction.

  "Let's go," Miran says. He turns her way. She didn't even get a glimpse of his mother's face.

   "Wouldn't you... at least introduce..." What was she saying? She turned back but the woman had disappeared into the crowd.

  "Not now," he says, looking at her.

  "When?" She asks. He stops walking and faces her.

  "When you become mine" he smoothens her hair.

   "Yours?" She tilted her head, a smile gracing her lips.

   "Yes, when you become mine."

Kim looked at him, What sort of man was he? "Is that your way of asking me to be your girlfriend?" she smiled, she loved it anyways.

  "You could say that. Follow me," He says, leading her to a garden.

  "Wow," She had never seen a garden this beautiful except in movies. It had this little bridge which they stood on she hadn't noticed it.

  "You like it?" He says.

  "Don't you? It's beautiful," she says.

   "I'm sick of it," He turns leaning on the bridge.

  "What? How could you say that?" she pouts.

  "I have seen it a million times, that I'm sick of the old view," he says, looking at her.

  "How come? Do you come here often?" She leans on the wooden bridge.