TWENTY-NINE

"I'm sorry you're late"

"It's okay, let's have dinner after work hm?"

"Hmm, I'm sorry baby, I have to be in New York for a press conference"

"New York?"

"Yeah,"

"Oh, so no dinner?"

"I'm sorry, let's have a date when I get back"

"Sure, it's fine" she forced a smile. "When are you getting back?"

"Tomorrow morning" he leaned, as his hand brushed her hair, his lips pressed against her forehead.

"Okay, then" she cleared her throat, opening the door.

"Kim-" he calls, holding her back,

"Yes?" She turned back at him, he struggled for a minute if it was okay to ask about her mother.

"Don't stay out too late?" he says.

"no seré guapo" she chuckled getting down from the car (I won't handsome). "Fly safe" she waved.

Miran chuckled, driving away, Kim took a deep breath, walking into the hospital.

"Sandra" her hoarse voice called.

"What's wrong with your voice?" Sandra asks worriedly.

Clearing her throat, she replied "nothing" she looked away, remembering her screams.

"There you are," Ava waved, and she held in her hands a file.

"Why? what's wrong?" She blinked.

"Nothing, how did it go?" Ava asked, smiling at her, while she waited for an answer.

"Well," she chuckled, looking for an excuse, she had gone to Miran's place last night to tell him about Africa but she couldn't.

"You didn't?" Ava nodded, understanding her.

"I wanted to, but"

"But what?"

"Well, first of all, I need to take a new shot" she moved away, shining her teeth

"God Kim!" Ava covered her mouth, she followed him into the store- where drugs are stored.

"I don't know- it's hard to say no when he touches me" she licked her lips, searching a drawer.

"Hmm?" Ava shook her head, with a smirk on her face.

"Stop it"

"Stop what?"

"That face" she breathed.

"Well, what face?" Kim paused, looking at her, then looked away.

"I'm moving in with him soon," she said, gritted.

"I'm not surprised" Ava rolled her eyes, "he should come home for dinner."

"Whatever," Kim eyed her.

"Cortes!" She heard a female voice call her from the call,

"Well, work is calling me, I love you!" She pecked Ava's lips, running out.

"Your shot!" Ava smiled.

"Not now" she opened the door, running out.

"Kim!" Ava calls.

"Don't rush things?" she says, Kim smiled, closing the door behind her.

Hours after running around the hospital. Kim stood by a window, she took her phone out opening her message box.