TWENTY-EIGHT

"Are you okay?" Miran wrapped his hands around her, she lay in his arms.

"Yeah," Kim replied a bit tired, her eyes closed slowly.

"Do you want me to take you home or..."

"No, I want to sleep over," she draped her hand over his chest and laid her head on him.

  "Okay," Miran breathed. "Good morning."

***

  The next morning, Kim showered and took a white polo out of his closet. She prepared a cup of coffee for herself. She gathered the available ingredients to cook.

  "There you are," Miran entered the kitchen. He had just shorts on. Kim glanced at his abs, she swallowed, imagining her tongue against them.

  "Looking for me?" She says, humming a song.

  "Yeah, you're in my kitchen," he kissed her forehead, heading for the fridge.

  "I am." she chuckles.

   "I'm speechless. You're in MY kitchen. In MY clothes, it's so crazy." he placed his hand on her waist, enjoying the movement of her waist as she was moving to the song she hummed.

  "One way or the other you have to get used to this," she says, focused on slicing tomatoes and song.

  "Yeah, I should if you're gonna stay over with me." He says, letting go of her.

  "Oh," Kim choked.

  "Are you okay?" He reached out for bottled water.

  "Yeah, I am," she coughed, holding her chest, rejecting the water.

  "You look shocked," he walked away, heading to the stool. 

  "No, uh, I'm not. I wasn't," Kim cleared her throat, avoiding eye contact with him.

  "Seems like you're declining my offer," he says, staring at her.

  "Is this some work opportunity, Miran?" Kim stopped looking at him.

  "I just need you by my side," he says.

  "Yeah, I get that." she continued with her tomatoes.

  "And?" He says, waiting for her response.

  "I just feel it's too early, plus I was having thoughts of getting my own place," she drops the knife.

  "You wanna get your place?" He furrowed his brow at her.

  "Yeah," Miran smiles at her, causing her to return it, they stared at each other for a while.

  "Kimimela?" He got up, moving towards her.

  "Miran," she forced a smile, his face turned cold.

  "Did I do something wrong?" He asked worriedly.

  "No why?" She responded. Miran pushed her hair to the back of her ears.

  "Because I'm not sure you wanna be with me anymore."

  "What? Why would you say such a thing?" She says, in a lower tone. Miran's hand rested on her waist.

  "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have," he moved away.

  "Hey," she pulled him back.

  "I'm sorry, I shouldn't say something-" he stammered.

"If that's what troubling you then I would move in," Kim's lips widened with a smile as she spoke.

  "Really?" His face brightened. "I don't want you doing anything you don't want to."

  "Of course. I'll move in with you, if you give me a kiss," she tilted her head, pushing her lips out.