Beyond Our Grief

A/N - VIDEO NOT MINE! This video was a heavy inspiration used for this chapter and I decided to include it because it's awesome. If the original creator wants me to remove it, I will. 

It hurts.

Everything hurts. 

...

...What now?

Am I supposed to just...forget about yesterday's events?

...

I want to go home....

No.

...I can't forget Kaede's promise....

...Can I really do this? Can I really-

"You won't let that happen. You're stronger, braver, and smarter than that. Here's something that I told Shuichi back in the classroom, I believe in you Y/n, so you should definitely believe in yourself!"

...

The words had been flooding my head all night, I lay awake restless in a room that wasn't even mine. I couldn't bring myself to sleep on the bed. Her bed.

...

I plopped my feet on the ground and made it to the bathroom. My hair was everywhere, I didn't want to brush it. I didn't want to do anything. I could barely recognize my own reflection. 

Kaede....where are you now..? Was it all in my fantasy?

...Were you only imaginary?

I've never felt so alone..

I clenched my fists tighter and tighter, my nails digging into my flesh. 

Ding dong! 

The doorbell was ringing. Who was it? Couldn't they see I wanted to be alone?

I managed to place one foot in front of the other and make it to the door. I pushed it open to see Kirumi with a relaxed yet saddened expression. 

"...Did you need something?" 

"It's time for breakfast, Y/n. May I come in?" 

I let her in. I noticed clean and ironed articles of clothing around her arm as she used her other hand to gently lead me to the couch. 

"...What are you doing...?" I asked her as she began laying down the copies of my clothes, the only difference from them and what I was wearing now was they were perfectly ironed and cleaned. 

"I washed your clothes, as you were in no condition to last night." 

"...How was anyone in any condition to do anything..." I sighed. Kirumi lightly patted me on the shoulder. I was about to ask where she got my clothes, but remembered how she had to practically drag my sobbing body back to the dorm. She asked me if I wanted to stay in her room, but I refused. 

"Everyone has met in the dining hall, I came to fetch you. Would you like some coffee or tea?" She asked, noticing my grogginess. A part of me wanted to ask her if I could just stay in my room all day, but this was a killing game. A killing game I knew everything about, including the fact that she was the next killer. 

"I'll have f/d, thanks.." 

"Please get dressed, I'll leave it for you in the dining hall."

I thanked her again as she made her way to the door. I turned to the pile of clothing and saw-