Beyond The Story IV

"Do you think this is actually gonna work?"

At my question, Angie began to reflexively force a smile before stopping herself. I could tell she was trying to quit the habit of constant positivity, but she wasn't too keen on admitting she had no idea how this would play out.

Angie settled for a thumbs up, holding the door open for me as I entered Tenko's room. I hid the gift behind my back, but I doubt that Himiko would notice either way.

As I suspected, Himiko was on a chair next to Tenko's unconscious form, watching emotionlessly as Kirumi adjusted the IV fluids. I sighed loudly, letting them know I was here before standing next to Himiko.

"...Himiko, did you eat anything today?" I asked her.

Himiko turned away from Tenko's unconscious body to look back at me. Kirumi briefly paused her daily check of Tenko's vitals.

"...Nyeh....eating's a pain..." She sighed, brushing me off as she had many times before.

"You weren't at breakfast today, so I got you some Astro cake. It was Angie's idea." I added, pulling out the plate from behind my back. Himiko didn't reply, leaning onto her elbows, her eyes remaining on Tenko.

Kirumi brushed off her skirt with a sigh, "Himiko, you must eat something today. Preferably something... healthier. But I suppose it's better than nothing."

I pulled up a chair next to Himiko, holding out the Astro cake and a fork. She lightly picked at the food for a few minutes before I was able to coerce her into eating some. Even then, she only took a few bites before putting it to the side.

Kirumi and I shared a look.

Something told me she wanted to help Himiko and not depend on me, but she was the most capable of everyone to take care of Tenko. With her own burdens of her supposed country, not even she could handle so much responsibility.

...I can't even help myself, but I can't sit around and do nothing while Himiko's like this.

How can I get her energy back?

I took a moment to sit down next to her and think. Kirumi began to resume her work on Tenko's well-being and I took the time to sneak glances at Himiko.

I've watched multiple playthroughs of this game. I can talk as much as I want with her, but there has to be something that can really snap her out of it...

What's something she would do with Tenko... wait, no, the whole point is that she doesn't do anything...

Should we spend some time together painting?

No, she'll probably just sleep. That's the one healthy thing she's done...

What about...

...That's right! The training event!

In the training event, Himiko smiles and commands Shuichi and Gonta through various mage exercises. It's a sweet event that definitely brighten's Himiko's character. If I want to help her outlook on life while Tenko is unconscious, then my best bet is to try to get that event to occur.

I honestly forget how Shuichi instigates the event, but he probably isn't going to do it anyway. So it's up to me once again...

"Himiko, it's not healthy to spend so much time here." I began.

Kirumi gave a small nod in agreement, but Himiko didn't reply.

"So I have an idea, why don't we train in the dojo? Angie's outside, Kirumi would you like to join?"