Beyond Repair

A/n: This chapter is dedicated to my English teacher, if not for her assigning a research paper right before midterms, this chapter would have been finished weeks earlier.

...

.

..

...

.

.

.

.

I felt like I was in a black hole.

.

.

For once, the world felt...quiet...

..

.

.

.

I wasn't scared. I was...calm...

Everything was at peace.

The landscape around me was unrecognizable, but peaceful.

I felt like I was floating in a black abyss, with small sounds of white noise in the background.

I stayed there for what seemed like days, feeling myself shift every once in a while. Soon enough, the white noise became my only sense of....anything. If I focused long enough, I could make out words from the noise.

"Y/n". I heard that word a lot, but at this point, I'm not sure what it means.

The words I could make out sounded frantic, and my mind hurt the more I focused on them.

Eventually, my mind felt....light...

I squinted as the world turned into what looked like a dorm room. It felt painful, and all I wanted was to return to the depths of darkness I was just in. My body burned, especially my arm, I never wanted to close my eyes so much, but something was stopping me.

Maybe the chaos unfolding in the room?

A girl in a bloody maid dress yelled for a boy in black to wheel in a cart of what looked like medical supplies. She didn't even pause before swiping around half the supplies, frantically assembling some kind of IV tube.

She wheeled the IV over, practically carrying it. My eyesight was dimming just as I could make out her figure picking up my uninjured arm and holding up the needle.

She cursed under her breath.

"K-Kirumi, what's wrong!?" The boy cried, frantically picking up bandages he had dropped.

"The needle's dirty...! Get me another one!" She ordered.

"Wh-What!? How!?" The shy boy began quickly shuffling through the cart of supplies, he seemed to find a few needles, but nearly pricked himself when trying to grab it.

"Hurry!" She shouted in frustration. She was there in a flash, abruptly shoving the boy aside, and swiftly placing a new needle inside. Within a moment she was at my side again, with the needle connected to the IV tube.

Once again, she held up my arm and lined the needle up with a vein.

...whatever God there is....please don't let me feel this....

Prick!

The world faded to black once again.
Then... white and gray?

The warmth in my body was replaced by a piercing cold.

It felt like an icy hand was slapping me across the face. Freezing winds slashed by me like a whip.
I fought to keep my eyes open through the cold, snow getting in them nearly every second.