Beyond Reason

"Boo-hoo-hoo..."

"It's 8AM! How long are you gonna keep crying, you annoying bitch!? You know how busy I am with band practice, arcade games, and pachinko!? Besides, the Kaede crying session was two days ago!"

Monophanie continued to cry as Monotaro kicked her. I rolled my eyes, zoning out the morning announcement as I began wrapping a brand new bandage around my arm.

I took a moment, eyeing the stitches.

This is gonna leave one ugly scar... what the hell am I going to tell my parents?

I sighed to myself, tightening the bandage, ignoring the small stabs of pain.

Wherever my parents and family are... I hope they're doing okay...

I finished tying it off, just like Kirumi taught me, and headed to the dining hall. I've honestly lost track of the days at this point, but I know the fourth murder is just around the corner.

...

As soon as I entered the dining hall, I heard a loud, familiar voice echo through the room.

"But we gotta do it! If not now, then when!?" Gonta yelled.

"L-Like I said before, it's reckless! There are still three Exisals, right!?" Tsumugi cried.

"Gonta know that...but... watching friends get hurt...seeing everyone get weaker... Gonta no can take this anymore! That's why Gonta go fight Monokuma!"

Damn it, I nearly forgot about this...

"G-Gonta..!" Shuichi yelped.

"Calm yourself kid...!"

"Easy now, Gonta. No need to do anything reckless..." Rantaro held his hands up, trying to calm him down.

"Gonta know it reckless... but it only way to save everyone..."

Angie put a gentle hand on his arm, "That's not true...Gonta-"

"Waiting around, doing nothing just make more victims... That why Gonta gotta risk his life! Real gentleman would risk life!"

Gonta's eyes began to tear up, before he yelled even louder,

"Gonta gladly give up life to save everyone!"

"Gonta, I get how you feel, but don't you think you're getting ahead of yourself?" Kaito asked, beginning to sweat.

"Y-Yeah! It's reckless to fight against them barehanded!" Tsumugi agreed.

"Monokuma already got destroyed once, and it didn't do anything. If you destroy him again, then another will take his place." Kirumi reasoned. 

"Y-Yeah! Gonta, this isn't the answer." I heard myself say, "You need to take a deep breath and calm down."

I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into a hug. He hesitated...before lightly wrapping his arms around me and hugging me back, like a true gentleman.

"Fighting's meaningless. You shouldn't do that." Kokichi spoke, looking unbothered, before his face grew a smile, "And even if you did do that, it wouldn't stop the killing game."

"...What?" Shuichi looked at Kokichi in confusion.

"...Why not?" Gonta asked.

"Actually, why would you even want to stop the killing game? It's just starting to get fun! It'd be a waste to stop it now."

Kokichi's face morphed into one of anger,

"You guys are all whack jobs! Is there something wrong with your heads!?"