Beyond Telling

A/n: Guys... February 4th, 2024 will be the two year anniversary of this story. I can't believe we're really entering chapter 5... 

Thank you all for everything. I hope everyone does/did well on their midterms, and I hope y'all are ready, cuz the next few chapters are gonna be a wild ride.

Kirumi nearly had to pry Himiko off me as the two of us slept through the morning announcement. I hadn't done that since my second day of being stuck here. 

Wiping my eyes, I walked with Angie, Kirumi, Tenko, Himiko, and Tsumugi to the dining hall. Tenko was half carrying Himiko, Tsumugi was rambling about some anime that was probably a secret cryptic message to me, and Angie and I tried to talk Kirumi into eating breakfast with everyone instead of serving it. 

Yeah, just another day in the killing game. 

"HE WHAT!?"

The loud yell came from the dining hall, and we wasted no time rushing over. I tried to calm myself down, but it did little to slow the worries flooding my head.

What were they fighting about!? 

Did Ryoma tell the others about what Gonta tried to do!?

I had no idea what was going on, but Kokichi probably had something to do with it. The six of us entered to see an enraged Kaito and Maki demanding answers from a startled Gonta. Ryoma, Kiibo, and Rantaro seemed to be trying to calm them down, and Miu was nowhere to be seen. Shuichi stood awkwardly in the middle of it all, clearly not sure what to do. 

"Shuichi? What's going on?" At my question, he turned to look at me with a look I couldn't recognize. He didn't say anything, but Gonta answered the question for him. 

"Gonta... tell others. About Kokichi and flashback light."

Angie and I looked at each other, and Maki looked ready to kill the both of us. She turned her attention to me, and I wanted to get on my knees and beg for mercy right there.

"That bastard... he tried to threaten you!? And you didn't even say anything!?"

"WHAT!? Kokichi threatened Y/n!?" Tenko's eyes ignited with a rage I hadn't seen since the Korekiyo incident. 

"Nyeh!?"

If I wasn't focused on Tsumugi's fake worry for me, I might've noticed how strangely unsurprised Kirumi was about the event.

"W-Wait... he got the flashback light and you guys... just met us at the bridge?" Shuichi inquired, the shock and disbelief clear on his face.

"Easy, everyone. Y/n and Angie were terrified. They might've still been in a state of shock." Rantaro reasoned. 

"I thought Angie was the one who stepped into the fight. Where did Rantaro come from?" Ryoma asked, referring to Rantaro walking with me to the bridge. 

I stepped back and tried to answer their questions the best I could. Thankfully, it seemed Gonta, Angie, and I had the same idea of not telling everyone my fear of the flashback lights, instead chalking it up to my same excuse of poor health, and the effect it might have on my brain after being comatose. 

They didn't look like they completely bought it, but Kaito's anger drowned out any rebuttal they might have. Out of everyone, he was definitely the most pissed. 

"I was right there, Y/n. Why didn't you tell me what he did!?" 

I held my ground, but didn't want to fight. We've got new areas to explore, so I just need to change the topic until Monokuma makes his entrance...