Beyond Belief

This isn't what the message is supposed to be...

WHAT THE HELL!?

Rantaro and I just stood in front of the stone for what seemed like hours. At this point, I was tempted to march up to Kokichi and just ask what the hell he wrote. 

We were interrupted by a loud cry. 

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHH! HELP! Y/N! RANTAROOO!" 

Rantaro and I both jumped at the noise and bolted to the direction of the sound. 

Kokichi was crying buckets and wailing our names. Rantaro let out a sigh.

"What is it, Kokichi? We thought you were getting murdered." 

Kokichi sniffled. "Angie brainwashed half the group...she got Gonta...they're taking over the school!" 

Rantaro rolled his eyes. "That's enough with the lies, Kokichi." 

"I think he's telling the truth. Angie told me she would do something like this last night." 

"Y-Yeah! How...How dare you accuse me of being a liar, Amami!" 

Rantaro thought for a moment, wondering if he should believe us before he sighed again. "That girls got a few screws loose..."

"You're not very normal either, Rantaro." I teased him. 

"I'm the one that's not normal?" Rantaro playfully raised an eyebrow at me, his eyes said everything he couldn't say in front of Kokichi. 

"Aw man...will you two lovebirds stop it? I'm bored and I wanna play a game." Kokichi whined. 

Rantaro stood up and brushed the dirt off his knees. "Alright then, I'll take it from here. What do you want to play?" 

"Nuh uh! I want to play with Y/n!" Kokichi insisted, like when he told Kaito that it would slide. Rantaro looked to me. 

"Sure. I don't have anything better to do." I shrugged. Except brainstorm on saving everyone...

"Alright!" Kokichi approached me and got close to my face before...

"Bap!" Kokichi quickly pressed his palm against my face like I was a button. "You're it!" 

I couldn't say anything before Kokichi darted off. 

"...I'll tell you if I find anything." Rantaro assured me. 

"Yeah, same here. I'll keep this little bastard occupied for now." 

With a final glance at the stone, Rantaro walked off and I ran into Kokichi's direction. 

I tried to steady my breath as I jogged after Kokichi. I ran into Kaito, who screamed when he first saw me, thinking I was a ghost. Kaito pointed me to where Kokichi usually ran to during the other several times Kaito chased him. The moment I got a glance of him, Kokichi always ran out of sight. 

I came across Kiibo and Kirumi, who kept leading me into his direction. After what felt like hours of chasing him, I began to recognize a pattern in his running. Kokichi would always jog around the dorm area, skip across the courtyard, and run through certain corridors and up the stairs, cut me off through Angie's lab, run out the school, and repeat the process. Anytime I stopped, he would stop and tease me until I ran after him again. It was dark by the time I figured it out. 

On the sixth lap through Angie's lab, I slid the lock into place and continued chasing him. On the seventh, he spun through the corridor and tried to open the door. I was careful to choose the sliding lock so he couldn't lockpick.