Beyond the Grave...!?

Korekiyo and I stared at each other in silence for a moment. It was just me looking into his very lifelike eyes.

That's....that's not an effigy...

"NYEEHHH!?" Himiko screamed.

"I......g-ghost..." I heard Kaito say before a loud thud behind me.

"Ah! K-Kaito! Are you okay!? Wake up!"

"Woah! Hi Korekiyo!" Kokichi exclaimed, unbothered.

Holy shit...

"Nyaha! Welcome back Korekiyo!"

"How...how are you here!?" I blurted. You're supposed to be dead....I got you killed...

"Kehehe....Truthfully, I didn't realize I was supposedly dead until Angie informed me. I simply remember Monokuma announcing the time motive. Now I'm here." Korekiyo stated.

He doesn't remember...

I couldn't help a sigh in relief. I had an idea that Tsumugi wouldn't let him remember everything that happened. The book I wrote in was to make sure of that.

"I didn't think it was possible to resurrect the deceased, but I must admit that I am curious about the circumstances around my supposed "demise"."

"KYAAAAAAAAAH!" Tenko screamed and leapt backward, almost hitting her head on the lab's door frame.

"Wh-What...!? I...wasn't expecting this...." Kirumi's hand flew to her mouth in shock. She was usually composed but even she couldn't keep the shock out of her voice. She looked down at Kaito's fainted form and tried to wake him with Shuichi.

"...I suppose shock is a natural reaction to this circumstance. I wonder how the others will react...unless this is everyone left?"

Himiko swayed as if she might faint, "Nyeehh....I knew I shoulda slept in today..."

"A degenerate.....back from the dead....they're becoming too powerful..." Tenko was practically foaming at the mouth.

"Nyahaha! No no. Kaede is the only one still dead. Rest assured, Atua and the student council will protect everyone!" Angie smiled. She looked delighted, and it scared me how unbothered she was by someone coming back from the dead.

"..." I had no idea what to say. I almost jumped at the feeling of someone grabbing my arm. I turned to see Rantaro leading me away from everyone, carefully stepping over the still unconscious Kaito.

"What is it?" I whispered to him. Rantaro gestured to the chaos occurring inside Angie's lab.

"Yeah, I can see it." I glared at him.

"And!? How the hell did this happen!?" He whispered back. Like Kirumi, Rantaro was usually composed, but now he seemed completely bewildered. Not that I could blame him.

"Shit if I know. Why ask me?"

"Because why is it, when anything happens, it always comes down to you?"

"I've been asking myself that question since I got here."

Rantaro sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "This could be a problem. Angie and the others are busy telling Korekiyo about everything that's happened. But we seriously need to discuss what this could mean."

"Okay, but why lead me away? Why not bring it up at dinner?"

He relaxed at that. "Because I trust you. I consider you to be one of the few trustworthy people here. You're smart, and I consider us allies. I'm not sure if the others realize what another person here could mean..."