Chapter 9

CHAPTER NINE

As I stumbled out of the shower I really didn't know what was going to happen. After finding my parents in my room, on the morning after my supposed abduction, things weren't exactly looking so well for me. I still had a pulsing headache that was dissipating over time, but it was still there sneaking up on me once in a while. I was still sore, but that was to be expected due to last nights events.

It's weird looking back on it now. I feel more alive and new compared to how I felt before it happened. You hear all those stories about when a boy loses his virginity and he's a brand new man or you hear about the girl who loses hers and now she's finally a woman. I don't know about myself unfortunately in that case.

Though last night had definitely been the experience of a lifetime, it wasn't what I expected. Sure I felt different. I mean who wouldn't. But there was something else there. And I had a feeling I knew exactly what it was...regret.

***

By the time I got downstairs I found both of my parents in the living room. My mother was sleeping soundly on my fathers arms and he was one wink away from falling into oblivion. Maybe I could bypass them and not have to deal with this upcoming awkward and terrifying conversation. I slowly went down the last few steps and turned in the foyer.

The creak on the wooden floor made the loudest noise known to man. When I say it was loud I meant it. It was loud. I don't even know why it was that loud.

"Natalie?" I heard my dad call. I didn't respond. I just kept trying to move.

"Natalie," I heard him call again before he turned towards the hall. "Leo."

Spotted. I stopped dead in my tracks and rotated towards him. His face was expressionless. I'm not sure if that was a good or a bad thing.

"Sit," He simply said. "You know I was actually gonna-," I began, but stopped.

Coming up with an excuse would just drag this out longer than it needed to be. I might as well just go with this and take it like a man...like I did last night ;). I walked into the living room and saw that my mother was starting to get up. I didn't dare look into her eyes. Those eyes would just kill me for sure and I couldn't handle that right now.

I just stared out of the window.

"What time is it?" I heard my mom ask.

"8:30."

I still was not looking at them.

"So what did you do last night?" My father asked.

I turned to him and looked him dead in the eye. I wish Sarah was here. Where the hell is she anyway? She should be here of all people. I wonder what she told them exactly.

Did she tell them the truth? Did she lie to them? She should've at least left me a note or something explaining the plan.

"I'm waiting for a response," He said.

I honestly didn't know what to say so I just shrugged my shoulders. I was contemplating the truth in my head. Gay club or stay over at a friends? Before I could speak he began to say something.

"Don't tell me you were at Austin's place," He told me. "Although it was unlikely that you'd be there I still checked. He hadn't seen you since school."

Well there goes one of my options.

"Where's your phone?" This time my mother spoke. "We called you over 120 times. The least you could've done was respond at least. A text a call."

Wow she counted.

"It's broken."

"How?"

Perfect escape plan.

"Yeah," I began. "Natalie told me I was gonna be late for school and no one was driving me so I ran to school. Then it fell and broke. I came back from school. I didn't want you guys to know about it since Dad was planning that thing for today. So I decided to dodge you guys and spend the night at Josh's house."

"Josh?" My dad said. "Natalie's Josh?"

"Well, I wasn't aware that she owned a Josh, but yeah." I said. "He and I have been getting pretty cool lately."

My dad stared at me not believing anything that I was saying.

"Leo," My mother said. "Are you sure you're telling me the truth?"

"Yes, I am." She closed her eyes and sighed. "I've never been more disappointed in you before," She said and got up to leave.

"Where are you going?" She didn't respond to me and just kept going up the stairs.

"Sarah told us that she took you to a gay club," My father said.

THAT BITCH!

"Oh."

"Yeah," He said. "Oh."

"Is that all?" I asked.

"You're grounded," He told me.

Really that was it? He could tell that it really didn't phase me.

"You are to come home straight after school," He told me.

"Well that would involve you guys driving me to and from school. You rarely do it," I told him.

"Let me finish," He said. "You are to use the PC down here. Yours is going to be confiscated."

Confiscated. Wow, such a big word.

"I would take away your phone, but you don't have one," He said. "Here's your new phone."

I took the black plastic from his hand. I was speechless.

"There aren't any pay phones anywhere so I'd suggest you use that to call us to pick you up and for other matters."

It was a cheap disposable phone. It used the old style keypad with the 3 letters on it. From the looks of it, it didn't even have internet access. Did it even have games?

"Is that all?"

"No, I'm going to need you to help Sarah when she get's back."

"Where is she?"

"She's staying at your grandparents for sometime." He said shocking me.

"What? Why?"

"She's clearly not a good influence on you at the moment. Come to think of it, she never was. She needs to know her direction in life."

I rolled my eyes at his comments. I didn't care for them. It sucked that she wouldn't be here with me anymore.

"You can go up to your room now," He said.

I rolled my eyes and went to the kitchen instead. I opened the fridge and saw a white box. It was square so I'm guessing it was the cake. I took it out and lifted the cover. I'd have to say I did smile a little when I saw it.

It was a camera cake. I mean the cake and design was shaped just like a camera. (See picture). There was a note on the side. I took it out and read it.

"For future references."

A/N: Heyyyyy, sorry for not updating for a while. I was going through somethings. But yeah I know I said this would feature a sex scene. :(. Sadly I just couldn't write it. I guess it's not my forte at the moment. I do plan on eventually writing one in the future. That would be labeled Chapter 8 PT. B. So yeah like, vote, comment :). Message me! Go crazy! Do whatever you want. Now farewell as I crawl into my cave.