7

she feels her cheeks heat as she turns to see Winter stood, short hair pulled up into a messy bun on top of her head, loose tendrils curling damply around her cheeks and jaw and Karina's eyes wander down to the damp, bare skin of her body, revealed beneath the towel she has clutched close.

"shit, Winter I'm so sorry." She almost covers her eyes but it seems ridiculous so instead she averts her gaze, looking only into Winter's eyes and down at the floor. "Wh... Why wasn't the door locked ?"

"I was literally on my way out," Winter raises an eyebrow at her as another shower of hammers come from behind the door. "Looks like you're in trouble."

"I may have insulted Jisoo a little," she toes at the tiled floor guiltily, flinching as another round of banging comes.

"I'm gonna skin you alive kid!"

"You'll have to get through me first!" Winter's voice makes her startle again and she almost sees Jisoo's double take from behind the door.

"Winter? What are you doing in there?"

"Protecting Karina from bullies like you!" Winter can barely hold back her laughter and when she meets Karina's gaze there's a twinkle in her eyes.

Jisoo is silent for a moment, clearly considering but there's a smile to her voice when she replies, "bring it on, I can take you both !"

"Sure you can old lady!" Karina calls back and Jisoo squawks in outrage, her voice lowering as she says, clearly closer to the door now.

"Oh you're going to regret that. Let's see how long you both last in there."

"You've done it now," Winter rises an eyebrow and paces forward to grab her robe off the back of the door. She eyes Karina pointedly until the girl finally catches up and turns her back, waiting a few minutes for Winter to be done before turning back to see her pulling her hair out of its bun in front of the mirror. "While we're stuck in here make yourself useful, braid my hair."

"Fine," Karina rolls her eyes but has to suppress a smile as she moves to stand behind the girl, combing through the tangled tresses with her fingers for a moment before leaning her chin gently against Winter's shoulder to look at her in the mirror and ask, sarcastically. "Would madam like to demand anything in particular?"

"Surprise me," Winter tells her casually, but continues as she moves away, "and we both know you like it when madam demands things."

Karina blushes but doesn't reply, pulling her hair back from the crown of her head. She begins to twine the strands in and out of each other, fingers moving deftly and scraping against Winter's head in the way she knows that Winter loves. She can still feel the warm press of Winter's jaw against her cheek and the smell of her shampoo seems to wash over them both, soaking them in soft, smooth coconut. Her fingers tug and tease at Winter's hair and the girl's head falls back a little as Karina works her way down her head, pulling strands into the complex twist. Winter groans quietly in appreciation and Karina laughs, shaking her head as she looks up to smile at her in the mirror again.

"Sometimes I think you just use me for this."

"Pretty much," Winter agrees, her eyes still shut blissfully and Karina cocks an eyebrow at her, abandoning her hair for a moment to curl an arm around Winter's waist, her hand slipping beneath the fold of her robe to dust her fingers against her bare skin.

"Really?" Winter's eyes flicker open, Karina's breath dances across her jaw when she speaks and a muted, sexy smirk is dancing at the Winter's lips. "Because I thought there were other things you liked me for?" Her hand moves down instinctively, sliding through wet heat. Then, as abruptly as she'd begun, she tears away again and turns her back even as Winter lets out a soft whine. "But I guess not."