11

"You're working too hard," Winter leans a hip against the doorframe, looking at her with a cocked eyebrow and Karina startles at the sound, cursing softly when her pen skitters across the paper.

"You've ruined my notes," she grumbles, placing the paper to the side and reluctantly marking her place in her books when Winter edges closer into the room. Her eyes are drawn uncontrollably to the plunging neckline of the top she's wearing, the swell of the girl's breasts peeking out, before darting guiltily back to her eyes. Winter's small smirk is enough to tell her that she's noticed Karina's blatant ogling and she hurries to speak, to distract her from the flush on her cheeks. "Why are you still wearing that?"

Winter is close enough for her to flip at the dangling pompom of her Santa hat and when Winter laughs the scent of wine travels over her neck and jawline.

"You love it," Winter rolls her eyes, sitting heavily half on the bed and half in Karina's lap.

"You've been drinking," Karina counters and the Winter rolls her eyes.

"Only a little. You need to come downstairs, my mom is out until tomorrow morning and we're having a party."

"What kind of party?" Karina can't help but reach out and tangle a curl of soft hair over her finger, tugging on it gently and Winter eases closer.

"A fun kind. Drinks, friends, dark corners." She presses a kiss to the corner of Karina's lips and her eyes dart nervously to the open door.

"Winter, I have to study."

"You've been studying forever, you're going to be fine." Her lips travel down over Karina's jawline and dance across the tender skin of her neck, running a shiver through her. "Just come and have some fun Rina."

"I... I'm not sure this is a good idea Winter." Despite her words, however, she's sliding from the bed, pushing her books off her lap and leaving them scattered along the comforter as Winter's laughter sends hit breath skittering across her bare skin.

"Sure."

Karina eyes her for a moment, swallowing heavily as Winter's fingers dance over the hem of her sweater, sliding beneath the wool to skim her knuckles over warm skin. "Fine," she relents at last and if she's a little breathless Winter does her the courtesy of ignoring it, "one drink."

---

One drink, unsurprisingly, turns into several. They sit around, slumped against each other and over the couches, watching the increasingly escalating game of truth or dare play out between Winter and Rosé. Everyone else has given up; Karina lies back on Jisoo, her feet in her lap and her head resting against the cushions, close to Winter's where she sits on the floor.

Jisoo had long declared herself too old for this bullshit and Kai had swiftly agreed. Karina had played for a few rounds, but as the dares became more and more ridiculous and the truths became more and more telling she had tapped out and endured their teasing for a round or so, until they grew bored. Jennie had been the next to go, claiming her place in Kai's lap in the loveseat and when Karina glances over at them their faces are pressed close together as they whisper.

Mino had finally heaved himself up from the floor when Rosé dared him to sit naked in the snow for a whole minute and had stomped away grumbling about blue balls, but soon returned with more booze from the kitchen and settled into the armchair to watch them with a smile.

Now Karina lounges back against the cushions, her fourth drink balanced on her stomach and cuts between watching Rosé and Winter's game to watching Jisoo watch her girlfriend. There is a small smile lingering on her sister's lips and she wonders silently whether that's how she looks when she thinks of Winter, before shaking the idea from her head.