Bonus Chapter

Four Months Later.

Milan, Italy...

Brooklyn's pain grew intense as the time got nearer. Her sweat-bound skin, and disheveled hair were hinting at her struggle to keep composed.

Her family had traveled to Milan, where she was accepted in the academy and had started her training. Despite being heavily pregnant, she was welcome, and given all the basics until she'd given birth and was ready for the more intense ones.

Bexley stood by her side, patting a damp towel on her forehead as she tried to give her encouraging words.

"You got this, Brooks. This is an exciting moment for you. And for us, of course," she smiled, which made Brooklyn sob like a little girl.

"I wish Marshall was here," she confessed. "I regret keeping this from him. I need him."

"Do you want us to call him?" Carol asked, but Brooklyn quickly shook her head. It was too late to keep him on the loop. He would still hate her for hiding this important piece of information even longer.

Or at least, those were her thoughts.

The nurse tried to make her comfortable as the doctor rushed in, getting ready to receive her little bundle of joy.

"Hello, Miss Evans. I am doctor Agosti and I will be receiving your little one," he introduced himself.

"Just get her out, please!" she shouted, a contraction hitting, making her scream louder. He positioned himself between her legs, checking on the progress.

"Ten centimeters. She's ready to come out. I need you to take a deep breath and give me a slow push."

"A slow push? I want her out!"

Bexley couldn't help but chuckle, wondering if that would be her whenever she would give birth. Although she and Jeremiah were ready for a baby, they decided to wait a little longer, stating that he needed to focus on his career.

She had given up on her skating career, and surprisingly, she was glad about it. As much as she dreamed to become a pro, this life was much better for her, and she loved every minute of it.

"Push now, Miss Evans," Dr. Agosti ordered, and she did as such, wanting to get it over with.

Brooklyn pushed hard, finally welcoming her baby to this world. "It's a girl! Congratulations, Miss Evans. It's Dad around?"

She shook her head. "No Dad... Yet."

Bexley turned to face her and knew she would eventually take the step and call him. But she was done insisting. All that mattered was that there was a new member of the family, and she was as beautiful as a flower in the middle of a meadow.

"What will you call her?" the nurse said, putting the baby on her chest and giving her some bonding time, latching her to her breast to get some of the nutrients before she took her away to get cleaned.

"Abilene," she looked down with a soft smile. "That is her name."

"Abilene. It's a beautiful name."

"Yes. It means Land of Meadows. The same ones Marshall took me to one day. A wonderful place," she replied. "Welcome to the world, Abilene."

~~~~~~

Marshall woke up drenched in sweat, his dream making his heart palpitate as he tried to even his breath. It felt so real for him.

Brooklyn looked beautiful in that bed, her hair all over the place as she held a baby in her arms, smiling at her and kissing her cheeks.

For the first time since his parents passed away, he let his tears out, the pain of not having her with him getting to him.

He wanted her. He needed her. He was angry at her.

Angry that she didn't call, or text, or even send a letter. Angry that he was a coward and didn't try to do the same.

Angry at fate, for keeping them apart.

Months ago, he had arrived at his cousin's wedding, just in time to enjoy part of the reception, when he found out Brooklyn had left five minutes before he made it back home.

The only chance he had to see her, and he missed her again.

"Brooklyn. I'm going crazy here. Where are you, angel face? Why are they keeping you from me?" he whispered, referring to Jeremiah and Bexley, who had promised not to say anything, even if it killed him with sorrow.

He pushed the sheets off himself and put on a jacket, grabbing his boots on the way out. As he stood on the porch, he looked at the dark sky, filled with stars.

It made him laugh how hopeless he was. Like a movie, where the man waited patiently for his woman to come back to him, kiss him senseless and have their happily ever after.

He might have been a grumpy and rude cowboy, but Brooklyn had succeeded in breaking down his walls in such a short time.

Brooklyn was the one for him, and he had faith she would come back one day. "I'll wait for you, no matter how long it takes."

~♥~♥~♥~

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Well, everyone. Thank you for reading this book, and hope you have all enjoyed it. Book 2, Champion at Heart will come soon. I have other stories lined up, so as soon as those are set, I will start writing Brooklyn and Marshall's story.

I want to take the time to give a shout out to all my readers, who have taken their time to follow me and read my books. Without you all, none of this would have been possible. So, thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Please, recommend my stories to anyone you know, friends, family. Whoever. It will mean the world to me, and feel free to message for feedback or just to say Hi.

Much love to you all and hope you all keep supporting me. Once again, thank you all very much. ♥♥♥