Six

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

The castle itself was made of mostly stone bricks, and looked ancient compared to the vibrant marketplace below it. The detailed spruce wood doors were shut most of the time due to a reason that you didn't care nor understand. The interior was rarely ever seen by the average citizen; the only exception was when they committed a crime. It was said to be majestic and what you would expect for royalty.

You never would have liked to live such a life, but thankfully, the interior was nothing out of the ordinary than that of an upgraded stone mansion. The maids were dusting everything, which explained the weird smell of dust that surrounded you.

You looked ahead and saw a person with brown braids and bright blue eyes talking to Wilbur as a few large lilac striped boxes were moved farther into the castle.

"Yes! They came! Theo wait a minute while I get the message ready." Zalkhain exclaimed, then ran off in a different direction. The girl who you assumed was Theo crossed her arms.

"Eret, Wilbur, how were you able to put up with them on the entire way back?" She asked, looking at both of them.

"One word: Fundy." Wilbur answered, motioning to his son, who was playing with Charcoal behind you.

"Makes sense, so can Fundy come with me anytime I need to put up with them?" Theo asked, a small glimmer of what you assumed was hope appeared in her eyes.

"No. I need Zalk. Zalk needs Fundy. Fundy needs me," he responded sternly, crossing his arms over his chest. "Besides," his voice lowered and he traced Fundy and Charcoal across the lawn. "You don't know what people outside of the kingdom would try to do to a prince... Especially my son. The Ensidionian empire isn't exactly well-liked after my father."

"The Falconier people wouldn't do anything to him!" Theo insisted, crossing her arms defiantly over her chest. "Your kingdoms are on good terms now."

"I don't mean the Falconier people, Theo," he replied quietly, eyes narrowing further. "You know who I mean..."

She sighed and let her arms fall back to her sides, shaking her head. "Yeah, I know, Wilbur. You better stay careful.. Those Astant people are... They're pretty bloodthirsty."

"Astant people?" You ask, intrigued by the topic at that moment. Eret shushed you, almost frantically and afraid. "Who are they?" You push, waving Eret off.

Theo shifted uncomfortably and Wilbur rubbed his neck. Something dropped behind you, loud and frightening enough. You turned in the direction of the noise, eyes wide.

Glass shards covered the floor and Zalkhain's hands, blood dripping off of their fingers. You notice that they hadn't actually dropped something, but crushed it in their hands. Their eyes were wide, but they didn't look at their bloodied hands. They stared at you.

"Don't utter that name," they whispered, tensing a considerable amount. They stepped through the broken glass, hands falling to their sides. "Do not say that name ever again. Never again on this castle's grounds, or it will be treason." You stiffened, eyes getting wider as they gripped your shirt collar and pulled you down to their level. "Do you understand me?"

"Yes!" You instantly blurt, fear evident in your voice. "Yes, I understand! Forgive me for... Forgive me for saying it at all." Their blood slipped into the cloth of your shirt, not letting you go until they were sure you were about ready to combust from the terror.

"Good," they spoke softly, letting you go. "Now, I have to get a new box. I'll be back." With that, they turned away and returned the way they'd come. All you could remember now was the feeling of their hand on your collar, the warm blood seeping into your shirt and beginning to soak your skin, their unblinking eyes, and the message that resided after their departure.

'I have my eyes on you. Don't mess up. I am watching.' That's what their eyes said. No doubt about it, that's what they were mentally implying. You shuddered as Theo chased after them, almost angrily.

"Zalk, your hands are bleeding!" She called, groaning loudly.

————

Around three hours later, you were sitting in the royal dining hall. Wilbur sat at one end of the table, Zalkhain and Fundy at his left. Philza sat on the other table's end, and Tommy sat on his right. Tubbo sat next to him, laughing loudly and slinging food at the other. There was an empty seat next to Philza's left, along with three between Tommy and Wilbur.

Eret sat next to Tubbo, and you sat next to them. Zalkhain stared at you from across the table, shaking their dyed head. Theo came into the room, followed by plenty of cooks. "Sorry for the wait. The door was jammed for a short while!"

She took a seat next to Zalkhain, who smiled at her and returned to their staring. It was unnerving, but you supposed it was just going to be something you'd have to live with while you were in the castle. Slowly, the cooks began loading the table with food fit for a king, which was probably to be expected.

You looked at everything, mouth practically watering at just the sight and scent. It was enough for you to even forget the pair of eyes on you. Eret laughed at your expression and patted your back lightly. "Never see this good of food out in that cabin, huh?"

"Nuh-uh," you responded subconsciously, still star-struck by the tasty-looking treats before you. He smiled and shook his head at you. "What- what should I all get?" You ask quietly, watching steam rise from yet another pot.

"I can fill your plate for you like a child if you'd want!" She teased, ruffling your hair. You looked back at them with a very large smile and nodded, trusting their taste more than your own. "You... want me to do that? Okay then, I can!"

"Sick!" You laughed and pumped your fist, obviously giddy at the thought. Fundy laughed from across the table and joined you, chanting the word 'sick' repeatedly. Wilbur's face dropped at the word, but you didn't know why. He shot you a worried glance, and you stopped almost instantly.

————

Eret had gotten you a plate filled with mashed potatoes and gravy, which reminded you of your old home back in the desert. Then, there was a pile of shredded beef and cut carrots, also slathered in brothy gravy. On top of that, there was a small section of mixed vegetables and a sort of pasta.

It was, as many people would call it, delicious. Your favorite part was probably the pasta. It had a watery sauce on it, but in such a quantity that you forgot the thickness of it. Then the vegetables with it made it three hundred percent (300%) better.

When you'd figured you were full, you had slumped back in your chair with a relieved sigh, only to find that there would still be a dessert. It was sent from Falconier specifically for the night before the coronation, then there was another for the actual coronation day. And, boy, was that cake good. Probably not as good as the pasta, but right around that. Very close to the pasta, dangerously so!

Eventually, you were so stuffed to the point you'd figured you'd get sick and waddled back to your room. The room itself was probably the same size as—if not bigger than—the first story of your home. You thought about that and the privilege that royalty held while you laid down. It was quiet and warm...

Charcoal curled up into a ball at the foot of the bed, yawning from the turkey he'd been given. "You enjoying yourself, Char?" You laughed, stretching your arms and legs out. He barked quietly in response, and you only nodded. "Good. That's good. Besides the thing with Zalkhain earlier, everything has been really great... I don't know whether to be excited or worried, in all honesty." You vented to the dog, raising a hand over your eyes.

A knock then sounded on your door and Eret's voice carried through. "Good night, Y/N! Sleep well." Charcoal barked louder, upset by getting ignored, and Eret laughed. "Good night to you, too, Charcoal."

"Good night!" You replied, curling closer to the sheets. Eret knocking was definitely a reason to be excited... Yet your mind kept wandering back to the Zalkhain thing earlier. Who were the Astant people? And, why did Zalkhain threaten to take your head for speaking of them? The thoughts kept closing in on you, compressing you until you eventually passed out.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔