Eighteen

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

"You seem much closer than you did back when Kid was trying to rip your bones out." Ellis pointed out, looking over at Sapnap. He was spaced-out, but shook his head violently at the mention.

"Hm? We do?" He asked, almost nervously. He smiled slightly and furrowed his brows. "I honestly hadn't noticed much difference. I was just... acting the way I always do!"

"'Acting the way you always do,' huh?" She smirked slightly and leaned back in her chair, hooking one leg around the leg of the table. "Didn't know that included being extremely attached to the Astant ruler!"

"What, am I not allowed to be polite?" He laughed, rolling his eyes. "I'm just being nice to them because they deserve kindness."

"That's weirdly sweet from a guard," she commented, grinning slightly.

"You'd know, huh?" Sapnap joked back, jerking his elbow towards her. She laughed and elbowed him back.

"Oh yeah, I would! I put up with teenage boys as you saw for a few days!" She retold, her expression showing that she was glad to be rid of their presence.

"Ellis! Shut up!" Kid yelled from a distance. They had requested for themselves to be alone for a bit to regather themselves and a plan of action. Ellis groaned at the command.

"Maybe you should quiet down a little, taking that we were yelling." Sapnap agreed. Ellis rolled her eyes but was subjected to the suggestion anyways.

There was a large silence before anyone spoke again.

"So, why are we waiting here again? Why can't we just go after them!" Ellis complained.

"Because they would've been gone by now! Don't you get it!? If they came back for them, they might come back for something else; all we have to do is wait." Kid explained. Sapnap felt a pair of eyes burning through his back, but tried his best to act unphased by it.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

"So some people from who-knows-where came and destroyed a country due to the fact that the country's name was mentioned. Now you're in the nether in a location called Az-something, and you're telling me that you want to go back after nearly getting killed?" Technoblade recited, looking at you and Eret with a confused look.

"Precisely," Eret replied, a large grin on their face. You nodded and smiled with her.

"Punz, are Ranboo's eyes still red and green? I need clarification." Techno demanded. The blonde looked over at the hybrid, and nodded at the sight of the eyes that were as he stated. "And you're still alive, right?"

"I believe so as well, friend." Eret answered, the grins on your face didn't fade. "Besides, you were at what was the wedding of George and the sovereign; you know how chaotic things can get."

"That is fair, but why did you come to me then? You could've simply gone back like the first time and might be fine." Techno interrogated. You shrugged your shoulders since you didn't really even know Technoblade before this encounter.

"The people that came were not human and I don't think that anyone in Aztalkia would let us go without something happening." Eret reasoned.

"What do you mean by 'not human'?" Technoblade continued, grabbing a chair for himself.

"The leader of them can decay people with black stuff that's on them, or something." Eret explained the best he could. Techno slapped his face with his palm.

"That's a wither effect, Eret!" Techno exclaimed at him. You heard a small 'oh' from Eret before Technoblade continued. "Are they completely wither skeleton or do they just have potions?"

"N-Neither, they look part wither while the other part human." You answer, concerned that the truth wasn't an option in the choices given to you.

"Heh?!" Techno yelled in response. You began to laugh at the response. "Punz. Eyes. Colors, still?"

"Yes?" Punz stuttered. "What did he ask me?"

"I don't know, but now he's in a panic." You answer back in a whisper.

"Great. There's some crazy person taking over a kingdom that was supposed to now be ruled by a king that's hiding in a weird place." Technoblade ranted. Eret shrugged their shoulders and nodded. "And you want to go back to the place after you rescued pets and nearly got killed to rescue Sapnap?"

"Pretty much, yeah." She answered calmly.

"Yet you want me to help you?" He continued, you could tell this sounded like something out of a book.

"Yes, because I'm not sure whether or not we would be able to come back without your help." Eret responded. They sat up from their chair and whispered something in Punz's ear that you couldn't understand.

"Oh. Well now that makes it funnier." Punz said in response.

"What do you mean, Punz?" Technoblade asked, still in thought.

"That shouldn't be your concern yet, now do you want to help us or not?" Eret answered. Technoblade looked both of you over before nodding. "Fantastic, then let's get going."

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔