Twenty-Three

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

It wasn't long after the argument with Kid that Rose finally figured to get to work on what was needed. Food for the evening was still required, Emiliana still needed to be contacted about everything that had happened; she took it that it would be easier to repair Ensidione if she found that spell book in the library. She still needed to repair a few things, of course. She would definitely need to make sure that the cell is still in perfect condition... Rose should probably begin a few rounds of cleaning, put signs on or even near the lines to make sure that no one ends up lost, Fetch's food probably needs a refill, and she might even need to send people places soon.

Sounds about right for the queen of Aztalkia.

Heading to the kitchen, it was clear to the others that she was plotting something, but of course she couldn't just spoil the fun of it all before she was even doing it! She grabbed the supplies needed, and let lava begin to pour into the wall of ovens. For her, baking was what she knew, and she enjoyed it; granted she still had a social life and other things, but she could do what she wanted while baking. Even if it was purposely mixing the salt for sugar just because others had gotten on her nerves.

Rosemary pulled out her notebook and looked at just how many flavors of cake she would need to make to finish this: Zalk wanted the normal chocolate vanilla swirl, which Fundy also took after, Y/N wanted vanilla, Eret wanted rainbow sherbert, which would take the least or the most amount of time based on how you made it, Wilbur wanted red velvet, Punz wanted lemon... Techno probably wanted vanilla (as always), Phil wasn't a cake person.

The sherbert would need to be made first, taking that it needed to be frozen before she could ice it, and even that would be best with a crumb coat of normal vanilla ice cream. Rosemary flipped through a book that was nailed to the countertop to find the recipe of what was needed for it, and grabbed what was labeled.

"Um, I hope you aren't that busy because I need advice," Eret popped their head in as she spoke.

"What kind of advice, you know what I can and can't give anyways." Rosemary replied, staying focused on mixing.

"Just kinda general life advice at this point." He answered, looking concerned at the flowing lava that nearly consumed the whole wall.

"Theo can do that better than I can," Rosemary chimed. She looked satisfied and placed the bowl of mix into a hole in the wall that worked as a freezing device.

"Well, Theo told me to come to you," they confirmed, fully stepping into the room. "Besides... It's about Y/N."

"You better hope that I don't start naming baking supplies while we talk, but go on." Rosemary forwarded, grabbing more things from different cabinets fast enough that anyone other than her can't mentally process.

"Okay, well then how can you be certain that you have feelings for someone?" She began, sitting on a countertop at what they considered a safe distance from the lava-wall.

"You simply know at this point in life, not sure how you wouldn't either." Rosemary answered, spoon in hand.

"Then how do you let the other person know, period? Just that, nothing else." Eret continued interrogating.

"A few words, cocoa." Rosemary stated bluntly. There was a moment's pause before either of them realized. "Not that, forget that, not cocoa, anything but cocoa. Try telling them bluntly instead, not cocoa, please."

"I wasn't planning on using cocoa anyways; although that was funny." Eret agreed jokingly, "now go on this time."

"If they say yes, then it's a classic fairytale event; if they say no, then I'd suggest trying your best to forget the feelings and move on in life. I say it like I can do it like I bake a cake," Rosemary conceded, "but if it was that easy nothing eventful would happen."

"Like this?"

"No, granted it's an event, but I still prefer something else." Rosemary argued. Eret was curious on what she preferred, but paid no attention to it.

"That's it? Just that? There's nothing else like any hidden details or anything?" Eret exclaimed lightly. Rosemary had begun pouring the brown batter into a circular pan split in the middle with a small piece of warped wood.

"Yep, granted it will take a lot of courage, but it most times is worth it in the end." Rosemary explained, beginning a tan mixture.

"That makes sense actually, thank you." Eret concluded, turning towards the door to leave.

"Anytime," Rosemary replied, adding what was inferred to be sugar into the mixture. Eret left the room feeling relieved and went out of earshot thinking about how they could plan his confession. "Now that that's taken care of, get out."

The random statement was responded to with silence. Rosemary stopped mixing and turned towards a cabinet randomly.

"I just simply let you not get cake you know, just because I like you doesn't mean that I have to give you cake. Actually Zalk might kill me if I don't later, but still, please get out." Rosemary continued, stepping closer to the cabinet. A small rattle answered from the cabinet. "Alright, have fun not having cake."

"No, no! Fine, I'll get out!" Fundy yelled, bursting out of the cabinet. The child walked out pouting, and Rosemary continued mixing not long after.

"I might suggest that you leave as well, taking that you also would want to socialize, right?"

"Right. Thank you, again."

"Yep!" Rose replied with a smile, returning to her bowl as Fundy sprinted from the kitchen.

"Eret, we have a letter for you from your brother," Zalkhain's voice echoed through the giant room, their footsteps quickly following. "Found it in Ensidione. Surprised that that messenger didn't just turn away with the sight of the ruins."

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔