Twenty-Five

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

“Zalk, you better have a good reason that there are still vines stretching everywhere before your chalices are going to become sand!” Rosemary screamed from downstairs. To you it was loud enough to shatter glass, let alone the chalices. 

“Not my chalices, Rosemary Dawson! You want the vines gone, get rid of them yourselves.”  Zalk aggressively answered back. 

“Didn’t you begin saying that I didn’t know where those mugs that you have are? Maybe they’re in here somewhere, right?” Rosemary continued yelling. You were now realizing how scary that woman was. 

“Not a chance!” Zalk yelled back, their voice breaking slightly in a way that was a bit weird. 

“I really hope Fundy isn’t trying to sleep, that poor child.” Eret commented. Before you could say anything, the sound of glass shattering echoed through the castle walls. 

“MY MUGS!?! ROSEMARY IN- How do you say your middle name, it’s weird?!” Zalk continued. You peeked your head outside the door and saw Wilbur walking very slowly to the room that Rose had said was his and Zalk’s. Seeing the terrified look on his face, you figured that he had witnessed a small amount of the argument. 

“CLEAN THE VINES THEN, YOU BITCH!” Rosemary stated back, her voice beginning to sound scarier than when you were back in Ensidione the day before. 

“ONE (1) WORD DAWSON: NO.” Zalk resisted. There was more glass that was shattered before it was interrupted. Then all you heard was a forced silence. 

“They’re starting the next apocalypse over vines and mugs. What’s next? George poisoning Eret or something?!” Phil complained lightly. 

“I sure hope not, Mr. Minecraft.” Eret answered, coming out of the room to join him. 

“Nor do I, but I sure hope Techno knows that that woman is crazier than me without coffee. Actually, I think even worse than Wilbur if he doesn’t have coffee.” Phil agreed. You figured that it was pretty accurate even though you had never experienced the events yourself. 

“Or maybe even Fundy when he does have coffee.” Wilbur chimed in; he was a bit calmer than before. Yet he still was a bit cautious about the war that was happening below you all. 

“FINE THEN! YOU BETTER FIX ALL OF MY STUFF, YOU WEB AVATAR!” Zalk yelled in a final agreement.

“At least I’m not a Flesh avatar!” Rosemary argued in comparison. 

“It’s Eye avatar to you.” Zalkhain corrected. Both of them had finally stopped screaming not long after that. 

“I might just question who I’m trusting my son with because of that.” Wilbur stated blankly, still slightly scared. 

It wasn’t until a few minutes later that Zalkhain came from the corridor. Their face showing their anger still being present, and other emotions that were hard to read. 

“May I ask what the avatar stuff is, or am I dead if I ask?” Eret posed cautiously. 

“Dead both ways, granted you didn’t even know that I had mugs, but I still don’t trust anyone with them especially after what happened.” Zalk answered without hesitation. They continued walking past and into their bedroom. 

“Rose better fix whatever she broke. I need them back before something happens again.” Wilbur demanded. 

————

“Miss Rosemary said that I should tell Zalk that the mugs are fixed, I’m not sure what it means, but she told me it would cheer them up! So I’m doing it anyway.” Fundy repeated to himself with confidence as you passed by. It was a bit strange that he had passed by after Susie had come to relay Rose’s request of everyone making their way to the dining room.