Twenty

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

Kid sputtered and stumbled over words behind you, and you could bet seven iron ingots that you were doing the same thing. "Hello Y/N, Kid!" She smiled wider than you'd seen the whole time you'd known her. "And everyone else, of course."

"Heh?" Techno blinked and looked between everyone. Eret was—obviously—eternally screaming, Punz had no reaction but confusion, and Ranboo seemed passive.

"Rose?" Kid whispered. Their voice was followed by several frantic footsteps backwards, away from you. You glanced back, seeing them pressed up against the wall. "Rose, why are you here? How are you here?"

"Oh, you know, running some errands, I suppose." She answered, shrugging her shoulders. "Why do you look traumatized? It's only been a few years after all!"

"What kind of errands would involve you stopping here? Last I checked you stayed in your little bakery," Ellis continued, a look of fear similar to Kid's on her face.

"Oh, well then, it has been more than a few years then." She chimed, stepping closer. "Then you guys have missed a lot. I might just be able to help if you drop the poor, terrified looks on your faces!"

"Kind of hard not to when you look ready to go on a genocide," Kid spat, confidence momentarily returning to me.

"Me? Genocide?" She laughed and stepped past you, getting closer to Kid and Ellis. "Now why would you even think that?"

"Don't you try to act innocent!" Ellis shouted, scrambling between Kid and Rosemary. "We've known you longer than ten (10) minutes."

"So has nearly everyone else in the room, and they don't look terrified. Right guys?" Rosemary pointed out, her optimism a bit concerning. "I take it back, Eret you look a bit confused."

You looked past Rosemary to see Kid and Ellis backing themselves towards the doorway. They were about to the doorway when the dog barked at them. They stopped in their tracks, and looked at Rosemary, the terrified looks petrified on their faces.

"It's a bit wrong to abandon a friend, but I'm sure you guys would know all about that." Rosemary continued, turning to face them. "It doesn't have to end like this at all, you know I wouldn't judge."

"Okay, Web avatar," Kid whispered, narrowing their eyes slightly and crossing their arms. Ellis snickered and covered her mouth. Rosemary looked up at them, almost amused.

"Eh, being caught in the act is fun though." She continued. Before anyone could say anything, she snapped her fingers loudly. She yelled something in a language that seemed somewhat familiar to you. Kid and Ellis ran out of the room like they were running for their lives. Rosemary laughed once again, but except this time it made you believe that Kid and Ellis were running for their lives. She snapped her fingers again.

The black dog launched itself out of the doorway, barking and growling. The dog's claws dug into the stone bricks as it turned in their direction sharply. It ran out of your sight, you could hear it chasing them all the way down the hall as large booms.

Until they stopped.

The growling muffled itself, as Rosemary walked back out into the hallway, not even turning in the dog's direction. She was calm as she walked down a corridor that led to a small room with a door shut. You all followed her, as well as her actions. You heard something from the room, dampened by the door. Rosemary opened the door to find Sapnap there, sword ready. He looked mostly uninjured, and looked at you with a confused look.

"What was that, what are you guys doing here, what happened to Kid and Ellis, and who is the crazy woman?" Sapnap ranted.

"I think that was a dog, we came here to get you, I don't know who those people are nor really the woman. I just know she scares me." Punz answered from behind you. Sapnap let out a small sigh of relief.

"Wait... Punzie!" Sapnap shouted, running at the blonde man. He threw his sword at the ground and jumped into his friend's arms. "Punzie! I've missed you so, so, so much!" He burst out laughing, sounding like he was also crying. Punz held his friend tightly, a small smile on his serene face. You caught yourself smiling at the duo.

Suddenly, you remembered the enemy. "Actually, Rosemary," you grinned slightly. She hummed in response, not even looking at you. "What is gonna happen to them?"

"Oh, you know..." she dragged the word out, smiling somewhat sadistically. "They'll only die, nothing too big." You couldn't bring yourself to respond, just sitting there in stunned silence. No, you weren't wanting to defend them. They destroyed your home and nearly killed your dog. Then they kidnapped three innocent people.

You didn't want them to live, no, but... Another part of you wished something would happen before they died. "Zalkhain," you whispered to yourself. The conversation they'd had with Tommy only a few days before came back to you. BUT I WAS SCARED!, Zalkhain had screamed. It was, at the time, loud enough to rattle your brains worse than they were already. They deserve to be able to redeem themselves—to rid themselves of that childish fear of this person.

You were sure they'd love it. You just had to hope that the whisper would be enough to summon them to you.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔