04.

june 1965-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-claire anderson

june 1965
-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
claire anderson

        all was going well until i realized i was running low on gas, vada was busy tuning into the beach boys from my radio. i didn't even have enough money in me to pay for my gas, i was a dollar short for gas.

        "claire, just pull into the dx for some gas." vada suggested.

        "the thing is v, i don't have enough money!" i told her.

        "bang one of the workers for a discount price." she laughed, i playfully pushed her.

        i took a left to pull up into the dx, nervously waiting for one of the guys to come over and help me pump my gas. i felt my hands shaking a little as i remembered i didn't have a lot of money on me.

        vada walked out to go inside, she said she just needed to pee. i stood in front of my car awkwardly waiting alone, just then the convenient store door bells rang, some footsteps were head until i lifted my head up.

        it was soda from the beach.

        "thought i would never see you again." he smirked.

        "well now you are." in return, i smiled at him.

        "so, whatcha need?" he took a look at my car, seeing no flaws.

        "oh just needing help on gas but i'm a dollar short." i sighed.

"don't worry about it, doll." he waved his hand, "this one is on the house."

"soda, don't-"

"ah ah ah!" he placed his pointer finger over my lip, "it doesn't matter, don't gotta say your no's."

        i laughed and slapped his arm away, he pumped the gas to my car as we stood in awkward silence. we were only an inch or two away from each other but it still felt like a rope was tying us together.

soda turned to me with a face that looked like a lightbulb had been turned on above his head, i gave him the same expression despite the fact that there was absolutely nothing going on inside my head.

        "is our little hangout plan still on?" he asked.

        "of course!" i replied.

        "instead of waiting all the way until saturday, how about i take you tonight?" he suggested.

        "why not?" i shrugged, "you need my address?"

        all he did was nod while getting back into a serious position.

        "215 tows avenue." i said.

        there was a pen lying around in my car but no paper, i took the pen and looked around for something to write my address on. soda pulled out his handkerchief from his pocket, letting me write on it.

        after i had finished writing, he placed it in his pocket. the tank was almost full as soda went over to take it out, vada walks out in smiles as a group of guys said goodbye to her, the group the beach, the curtis gang.

growing up, my father always said to keep distance away from a greaser but how could you ignore a sweetheart like sodapop curtis, he's everything a girl dreams of at night.

"those boys are real sweet, even dallas winston." vada shook her head with a dreamy smile.

"alright, you can find your lover boy in the future, we gotta go now." i notified her.

"see you tonight, claire." soda says.

"you too, soda." i smiled as i hoped into my car.

"did you pay for the gas?" vada asks as i drove off.

"nope." i laughed, she rolled her eyes.

                    ❥•°❀°•༢

        i finished up zipping up my floral dress, touched up my makeup. mom was standing by the door with a confused smile, she walked towards me with her reflection standing behind mine.

        "got a date, huh?" she proudly asks.

        "i wouldn't consider it a date, mom." i shrugged.

        "oh baby, if you go dressed out like that and with a boy then it is a date." mom clarified.

i ignored her word before hearing a knock at the door, my mom skipped downstairs to see who it was. i peaked out from behind to see sodapop curtis standing in front of my door, his clothes looked fresh and clean as he didn't even grease his hair.

i gotta admit, i really liked his greased hair, made him look handsome and tough at the same time. my mom had a reaction that i didn't expect, she was happy but didn't like his clothes, the plaid brought the greaser out in him.

"hello, mrs. anderson." he greets politely.

"don't make me seem old, call me lorraine." my mom scoffs, "come on in dear."

"mom, i think soda and i were just about to leave." i said, rushing out of the house.

"oh well, your father is home tomorrow afternoon, maybe we can have dinner with him and your new boyfriend." she claps her hands.

"again, not my boyfriend." i groaned, "can we just go now?"

"alright, have fun but not too much fun." she waves goodbye.

"mom!" i scolded.