06.

june 1965-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-sodapop curtis

june 1965
-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
sodapop curtis

        claire took a deep breath in then exchanged a worried look at me, i stopped her from swinging. a group of guys came tumbling out of the mustang, one of which was ape face who made claire even more worried.

        "greaser hanging out with anderson's sister again." bob wiped the side of his mouth.

        the dots finally connected, ape face was randy anderson, the older brother of claire. this whole time she was thinking about what her brother might tell their parents about her going out with a greaser like me, especially the dad.

        "again, fuck off, bob." claire rolled her eyes, she grabbed my hand. "let's go, soda."

        "now you're not going anywhere," he stopped her, "especially you, grease."

        "randy, control your friends." claire demanded, but he didn't take one look at her.

        "now your big brother isn't going to help you, not even your boyfriend of a greaser." bob took a step closer to her, now looking down at her.

        just then, claire slapped bob hard on the cheek. her face was formed into an angry glare. bob smirked while rubbing his cheek, he tried to grab ahold of her wrist when randy tried to step in, so did i.

        the unthinkable happened when claire swung her leg up his groin, he collapsed to the ground whaling. his friends tried to gang up on her but it was randy who broke out of his mr. bad guy ego, he stood in front of claire while talking his friends out of hurting her.

        the goons weren't looking so claire took my hand, we ran out of the park as fast as we could. i immediately unlocked the car for us to get in. claire was panting from all this running.

it was real quiet except for the commotion going on in the park, claire began bawling her eyes out. she called herself ignorant things and used her palms to slap her face.

"hey, it's gonna be alright." i told her, placing her in my arms.

"i'm just afraid, soda." she sniffled, "afraid they're gonna come after you and your gang."

"there's more than the 7 you see, doll." i chuckled, "once darry calls the whole neighborhood, we'll be on the socs ass."

claire laughed, wiping her eyes.

"now you worry about yourself, if something happens to us then be glad you got a strong friend right here." i pointed my thumb on me.

"such a foolish young man." she playfully pushed me.

i drove away from the scene to her house, claire stared out the window like a little puppy who has just been adopted by a caring family. her house wasn't too far away but i admired the midnight blue sky outside my car.

my mother's favorite color was blue, almost every sweater she wore was blue, and always had a smile when her three boys wore her favorite color. me, the favorite one, always had a blue flannel on every time of the day just to see a smile on her face.

my dad would joke around saying she was always sad because blue represented the sad, while my mom teased my dad, calling him an angry man for liking the color red. my brothers grew up trying to wear both colors at once trying to get them to smile.

the car was stopped when we finally reached her house, she frowned when she realized she had to get out now. claire didn't want to go home, not after what her brother and his friends caused.

"you promise not to speak of whatever happened before?" claire gave me those eyes.

"never will, locking it in my pocket." i promised her, she smiled.

"bye, soda." she pecks my cheek before closing the door.

i kept my hand on my cheek the entire time, the hotness of my face told me that i was as red as a tomato.

                    ❥•°❀°•༢

        the car parks in front of the house and i get out, whistling a random chorus from a song i once heard of but can't remember the name. darry was in the living room reading the newspaper as pony was closing up his homework.

        i walk into the house with a grin on my face, pony smirked as he knew something was up. darry looks up at me with a raised eyebrow. i just ignore him like i had nothing to explain when pony pointed at my cheek,.

        "somebody's got a girlfriend on the way." ponyboy cooed.

        "what?" i stopped my lovey dove moment to look in the bathroom mirror.

        claire left a lipstick stain on the cheek she kissed.

        "claire is officially head over heels for my kid brother." darry adds before putting away the newspaper, "pony, care to define protection for me."

        "no, i don't need a human dictionary, i'm perfectly fine." i prevented ponyboy from opening his mouth.

        "protection, something strong against impact." ponyboy muffled against my palm.

        "agh, gross! you spat on my hand." i drowned my hand in the sink water.

"hopefully i don't become an uncle anytime soon." darry joked.