°Chapter 4°

A WAVE OF SOUND WASHED down the living room, which was filled with some of my classmates, neighbors, and strangers. Guys on baggy clothes and girls on jeans with fancy mini tops. Over in a corner, Diana Parker my neighbor, and a professional DJ player was nodding along to the beat.

Caroline and I sat on the couch holding a plastic cup filled with alcoholic wine, we took a sip out of it while we move our heads from side to side singing along to the music. Betty stood at the other side flirting with a college guy. I looked around everyone seems to be enjoying the party and as for me, I was happy.

Josh walked in a few minutes while I was on the dance floor with a hot guy who suddenly decided to dance with a classy girl like me. I stopped when I saw him and walked towards him. I took his hand and led him to the dance floor.

I hit the dance floor, letting the music take control as I moved to the beat. Dancing always lifts my spirits, especially when I'm with my boo. I glanced around, but Gemma wasn't there yet.

Caroline navigated through the crowd in search of me, when she finally saw me she grabbed my hand playfully to the other side.

"Didn't you invite Gemma?" She asked.

"I did, maybe she's on her way," I replied, in haste to return to the dance floor.

"You know we have limited time, your dad clearly stated that this party shouldn't exceed 9 pm."

"I know," I rolled my eyes. "She'll be here soon."

Not long, Gemma entered wearing jeans shorts and a pink bikini, with Daphne following closely behind in a blue bikini. They paused, scanning the room, and Gemma hugged herself, looking embarrassed.

I chuckled. "Hey, look, it's Gemma!" Everyone turned to see Gemma and Daphne, their gaze fixed on them.

"Wait who invited her to this party?" Sarah asked. "Why are they wearing bikinis?

"This isn't a pool party daffy!" Amy mocked her.

"Nice cleavages and smooth ass," Timmy whined, licking his bottom lips. Gemma wrapped her arms around her chest in embarrassment.

"Oh! Please don't insult her," I gave her a puppy dog eye. "She isn't exposed as you all are."

I approached her and tried to take her hand, but she swatted it away. "You said it was a pool party, that I should wear a bikini and come," Gemma accused, pointing her finger almost at my face.

"We should've known better than to trust someone like her," Daphne remarked with a sigh, shaking her head.

"I'm not that evil sweetheart, this party was made specially for you," I chuckled.

Tears welled up in Gemma's eyes, her voice quivering with hurt. "I trusted you. I thought you've changed." she choked out.

"Change!" Caroline gave her a confused look. "Change, is a strong word."

"You didn't expect her to be like you, a nobody," Betty added sarcastically from the other side of the room.

"Let's go, Gemma," Daphne eyed us as she grab her bestie's hand. They turn to leave. I stared at them with a wild grin rubbing my palms together, Gemma took a step to follow her friend but both of them tripped and fell on their butt.

Everyone laughed at them as they struggle to stand up, Betty was busy recording the event, while I was having the best moment of my life watching them. The slimy content Caroline poured on the tile when they aren't looking was quite the slippery type, whenever they attempted to stand they fall back to the ground.

The music stopped as everyone gather around them laughing, it feels good everyone found it funny and was making videos and pictures of it.

"Hey, what's going on here?" Josh's voice rang out, drawing everyone's attention. He marched over to me, his gaze sharp as he spoke.