<3 (7) Dante

Camilo and I run through the market together, laughing as we run away from the shop vendor we had pranked. "Is it bad that I feel a little guilty?" I ask through giggles.

Camilo looks back at me and laughs. "(Yn) how can you be my partner in crime if you feel guilty about the crimes?!"

"Maybe I'm just nicer than you." I tease.

"Okay, okay. But that woman had it coming. She won't let Tío Bruno hear the last of the fish prophecy. It's all she can talk about. 'He told me my fish would die, the next day, DEAD!'" Camilo says in a high-pitched voice, shifting just his head to match the fish woman's face.

I laugh and Camilo smiles at this. He shakes his head shifting back into himself as we take a tight turn around a stall that was selling brightly colored fabrics.

I suddenly ran headfirst into someone, causing us both to tumble to the ground.

A groan escapes my lips as Camilo helps me up. "You bump into people more than any other person I know." He teases.

I playfully elbow him.

"(Yn)? Is that you?"

I glance at the voice. A person about my age was helping himself off the ground and staring at me with wide eyes. I recognized him instantly. Dante. I hadn't seen him since...my old home was destroyed. Dante was my best friend in my old village. I thought he was killed when the invaders showed up. I can't believe he is alive...

I quickly run over and pull him into a tight embrace. "Dante? I'm so happy to see you! I thought you were dead!!"

He puts his hands on my shoulders and beams. "I thought you were dead!! You're really alive! It's a miracle." Dante looks over my shoulder and noticed Camilo. "Who's this?"

Camilo steps up and wraps his arm around my shoulder protectively. "(Yn)'s boyfriend." He flatly says.

I feel a bit confused at Camilo's coldness towards Dante. Usually, he was super welcoming of new people. "Uh, Dante, this is Camilo. Camilo, Dante." I try to warm up the icy chill that has entered the air. "Dante was one of my closest friends from my old village. I haven't seen him in almost a year. I bet you two will be great friends!"

Dante holds a hand out to Camilo. "It's nice to meet you, Camilo. You seem to be a good friend of (Yn)'s."

"Boyfriend." Camilo corrects as he hesitantly shakes his hand.

Dante chuckles. "Ah, of course."

"So anyways, Dante, how did you escape?" I quickly ask.

"I was able to spot the soldiers before they reached the town. I tried to warn people, but nobody believed me until it was too late. I made it out of town, but as I was running, I fell from a high ledge in the forest and broke my ledge. Someone found me and took me to their village where I stayed until my leg healed. From there I went from town to town in search of anyone from our old home who may have survived." They sigh. "I was beginning to think the soldiers had managed to kill everyone; until you knocked me over."

I nervously chuckle. "Yeah, sorry about that."

Camilo quickly links his arm with mine. "Well, this has been lovely, but (Yn) and I were just on our way to pick up some fruit from Señora Chiflada." He says, leading me away from Dante. "Cya later!"

I stop in my tracks and turn back to face Dante. "You should come with us! You can get to know your way around town better!"

"I'd love to!" Dante happily says, skipping up beside me.

Camilo sighs.

:-:Camilo's POV:-:

Okay, who does this Dante character think he is? Why is he acting so chummy towards (Yn)? Camilo wonders, feeling frustrated. He sighs as (Yn) has turned her attention to Dante, and was happily chatting away with him.
Camilo typically wasn't the jealous type, but he couldn't help but feel upset when the second (Yn)'s old best friend showed up, she only talked to him. It's fine, they haven't seen each other in a year. They're just catching up. Camilo reassures himself.

:-:-:-:-:

Camilo,(yn), and Dante slowly approach a small coral-colored house. Camilo sighs with relief as Dante waves goodbye before entering the house. (Yn) grabs Camilo's hand, and his heart flutters. He loved the feeling of his fingers intertwined with that of his girlfriend.

(Yn) smiles as they walk away from the house. The evening glow of the sunset illuminated her face with rosy light. "You have no idea how happy I am that he's alive." I few delicate tears turn her (ec) eyes into a glossy pool of water. "I-I thought he was dead...like everyone else."

The worry creeps back into Camilo's mind. He clears his throat. "I didn't know you cared about him that much." The boy sighs.

"Well, he's one of my best friends."

"And I'm not? Ever since he's shown up it's like I'm not even here! You've been ignoring me all day!" Camilo exclaims, stopping in his tracks and turning to face the (HC) girl beside him.

(Yn)'s expression turns sour. "What's gotten into you, Camilo? You're usually so welcoming of people, why is Dante any different?" She sighs. "I'm allowed to be friends with other people!"

Camilo looks down at his feet. He knew arguing wouldn't get him anywhere if he wasn't going to be honest. "Look (Yn), I'll cut to the chase." He picks up her hands in his own. "You are the most amazing girl I've ever met. I-I just don't want to lose you. What if you realize that I'm not good enough for you? I don't deserve you." He looks into her beautiful eyes. "It's only a matter of time before Dante realizes that too."

Suddenly, (Yn) does that last thing Camilo was expecting. She burst out laughing. Camilo became flustered and taken aback. "Hey! I'm trying to be honest with you!" He stutters.

(Yn) attempts to hold in her laugh. "No, no...it's not that." She chuckles.

"Then what is it?" Camilo asks, feeling more confused than ever.

"Dante's my step-cousin!" (Yn) says through laughs.

Camilo's eyes widen and he facepalms as (Yn)'s words sink in. "Ughhhh this is so awkward..." he groans. "I'm sorry I overreacted and jumped to conclusions, (Yn). I shouldn't have been so clingy."

(Yn) giggles as she links arms with Camilo. "It's alright. You didn't know. Besides, you don't have a thing to worry about. I'm not going anywhere." She boops his nose and Camilo blushes. "I love you too much." She says before kissing his cheek.

Camilo returns the gesture and kisses the top of her head. "I love you too."

Hi everyone!
Thankyou for reading this far!
I just wanted to give you all a friendly reminder that requests are still open! :)