The Train

The path of night is something some of us must walk. We walk in the shadows and shut out the light. Why do we shut out the light, because it causes us pain or we feel like we don't belong in the light? I was one of those people, one of the ones who felt like they didn't belong to the light. I was an outcast, someone who didn't follow the social rules society went by. The rules that say if you aren't like everyone else you don't belong.

So I began searching the streets of New York for a place where I could belong with people who were just like me. People who didn't follow the rules of society to be like everyone around you. I found more than I was looking for. I found him a man who is unlike any other. He took me into his world and he chose me. I don't know why but this is my story...

The day is coming to an end. It's Friday night and I'm looking for some action. I doubt there are any good parties tonight. My work hours are filled with boring people. People who work in my office are boring. They think wine tastings and cheese compassion is a good time. The wine is good but the people are very boring. I'm twenty two and I want to go out to a club and have some fun.

"Kira hello how are you?" Helen asked.

Helen is my manager's assistant and also his secret girlfriend. I caught them in his office late one night when Helen stuck me with your work.

"I'm good" I give her a fake smile.

I really do hate this woman. She got Jenna fired when Jenna asked why her hair was messed up. Jenna's brother is a lawyer and sued the manager for wrongful termination. The Corporation ended up having to pay her a half a million dollars in severance. Not to mention the press had a field day because the head of the company is a multi-billionaire. Ever since then everyone has hated Helen. Jenna was one of the best workers here and Helen got her fired. It's a good thing the manager stopped firing people just because Helen asked him to. He was almost fired over her little stunt.

"What are your plans for this weekend?"

"My friends and I are going to hit some clubs."

"You have friends" Helen looks completely shocked.

"Yes Helen, she has friends. You know not everyone is as big of a loser as you are" Stacy looks over the divider and glares at Helen "Not everyone needs to spread their legs nice and wide for the bosses in order to move up in the company. Some of us actually know how to do our jobs and unlike you those of us who are in our twenties got out and party."

"I am twenty seven."

"Yeah and I'm eighteen" Stacy said sarcastically.

"I thought your birthday invitations said you were turning thirty one."

Yes I'm sure when she handed me her birthday invite it said she was turning thirty one. I didn't know someone could change their age like that. It must be nice to be able to do that.

"You are both uninvited."

"I already RSVP'd no" I tell her "You should have gotten it by now."

"I threw the one you gave me in the trash. I don't like you and I know you don't like me. Were you that desperate to have someone be at your party."

Helen stormed off.

"I hate her so much. She should have been the one who was fired. I don't understand how she thinks that people in this office like her after what she did to my sister."

"Wishful thinking I guess."

"So we are partying tonight and all weekend."

"Sounds like you have a plan. What does New York have in store for us this weekend."