The Attack

Running errands when you tired as hell sucks. I force my way through it so I can go back home as quickly as I can its cold out. It is the middle of November after all November 2021. I'll be spending thanksgiving alone this year. I usually spend the holidays alone. The last few years Jenna has stayed with me instead of going home to be with her family.

I drop my things on my kitchen counter and start putting away the things that need to be put in the freezer or refrigerator before flopping down on my couch unwilling to move any more. I'm still really tired I feel like I didn't sleep much at all maybe I should have slept on the plane like Viktor told me to. I was too angry to sleep though. I close my eyes I'll make something to eat in a minute. I just need to rest a little more.

I wake up to a thumping sound. I fully intend to ignore it but it doesn't stop. I open my eyes and its dark outside. The thumping noise I hear was someone knocking on my door. I groan why can't people leave me the fuck alone today.

"Go away" I say.

"It's Vincent open the door."

I ignore him or try to anyway he keeps knocking on the door.

"Go away you're not welcome."

"Kira this is your last chance open the door or I'll rip it off its hinges."

I groan. Why can't people just fucking leave me alone today? I get up and open the door. Vincent glares at me.

"What?"

"Get dressed."

"For?"

"Tonight you begin training."

"Training for what?"

"To join us what else. I also found a clan home you can stay in for the time being. You'll be safe there and no one from other clans will bother you."

"No thanks. I have no desire to become a vampire and I am just fine right where I am."

"I know two hunters came here earlier today dressed as police officers and questioned you. You are coming with me whether you like it or not. It's dangerous to allow you to walk around unsupervised. Now get dressed pack a bag and lets go."

"I don't think I will. So leave me alone."

"This is not a game Kira you will come with me willingly or I can make. You have a year to decide if you want to die or not until then you are my responsibility. So get dressed and pack a bag we have to be somewhere in two hours."

"I am not leaving my home until I need to go to work tomorrow. So go away."

"I'm afraid I can't allow that" He snaps his finger and five men emerge from the shadows.

"You are not welcome."

"They are human. They are new recruits looking to gain some extra points in their favor. I don't like having to resort to violence. However you are forcing my hand I can always send you to Viktor early if you like. You have a year to live it's better to make the most of it don't you think."

I say nothing and close the door.

"You have five minutes before I send them in."

I head to my bathroom and turn on the shower> He can go fuck himself I'll take as much time as I fucking want to take. I fill the tub and get in. I need to relax and I'll take as much time as I need to.

A few minutes later I hear him knocking on the door. He just ruined my Zen the jerk.

"Kira we don't have time for this let's go now."