A Night To Remember

I wait a few minutes before going back inside. I really hate feeling like this and usually it's only those two who do it. To be honest I don't know if they mean to or are trying to change who I am. I've always been this way my mother raised me to be Christin but she never tried to stop me from being who I was. She always told me that

"You are who you are and you should never change yourself for anyone. If they want you to change they are not worth being around because those kinds of people don't deserve your time."

Yet I keep holding on to my friendship to Jenna and Stacy. I didn't judge them for what their family did to me. They weren't to blame for their actions and hateful words. But maybe it's time to move on and find friends who like me for me. People I won't have to hold myself back from all the time. People who won't see me as an evil person because I like the dark and am much happier in it.

When I get back to the table wine is being poured into my wine glass. The wine is red and I can already feel a complaint coming. Neither of them likes red wine. Why don't they like red wine? Because it reminds them of blood. They only drink white wine or nothing at all.

"Miss, is there something wrong?" The waiter was looking at Jenna. She was still glaring around the room.

"No wine for me, thanks."

"None for me either" Stacy handed him her glass a little too aggressively.

"Miss, would you like some wine?" The waiter looked at me.

"Yes please."

The waiter just left my glass alone and placed water in front of Jenna and Stacy. He also handed us each a menu. I look it over and I know Jenna and Stacy won't be eating anything for dinner. The menu is mostly red meat based and Jenna is a vegetarian and Stacy doesn't eat red meat. I take a drink of my wine. It's good but I can't place the taste, I don't think I've had this kind of wine before. It smells fruity but tastes completely different.

"What kind of wine is this?"

"It's a special fruit wine called Angelus Sanguis, it is from the Zarkira Wine Collection."

"They seriously named their wine Angel's Blood" Jenna looked like she was about to be ill.

"It is one of many from The Angelus set, but yes the Latin translation for this wine is Angel's Blood. This is one of the many wines we will be serving this weekend."

"Are you seriously going to drink that?"

"It tastes good actually, you two are missing out."

I take another drink and they give me a dirty look as I do. Just because it's called Angel's Blood doesn't mean it's actually blood. There are many different types of wine who target gothic people and they name their wines something they think will draw in customers. It's the same with any other winemaker. They give their wines fancy names and sell it at a high price or call it rare so people will want it more. I usually don't care much for red wines; they usually taste bitter to me. But this wine tastes good.

"I can't believe you are actually drinking that."

"The makers of this wine target the gothic community. It's not the end of the world because of it."

"I never noticed before but you're really weird."

"You don't even try to be normal, do you?" Stacy glares at me.

"Normal is overrated. I would rather be myself than be like everyone else."

"Well said Miss" the waiter walked away.

Dinner is actually very nice. The food was good but I can only speak for myself because I'm the only one who ate or drank anything. You would think they would have tried something. But they didn't. They were too busy complaining about the smallest things. Well Stacy complained more than Jenna. I'm sure Jenna would have eaten if they had served salad. It makes me wonder if they've always been this way and I didn't notice it as much or if they are being like this because tonight didn't turn out like they expected.