A Dark Encounter

I hear the voice of the man I danced with when the ball first started. I don't see him though. As I look around I see him leaning against the wall as if he was there the whole time. I didn't see him when I walked out the door but I wasn't really paying any attention either.

"No, I'm not staying."

"That is a shame I was hoping you would prove me wrong."

"Sorry to disappoint you."

"Well we can't always have what we want" a man wearing a black suit steps out of the shadows nearby he is followed by a few others.

I recognize a few of them. I danced with them at least once tonight.

"Did you ladies enjoy your stay?"

"I do hope you did."

"We were fine thanks" Jenna backed away.

"Unfortunately we cannot allow you to leave."

"Excuse me" Jenna glared at him "you can't keep us here."

"We would be more than happy to let you leave as soon as you hand over the pictures you took."

"We didn't take any pictures," I tell him.

"You didn't but they did."

"Hand them over and you'll be free to go,"

"If you don't, I'm afraid you won't be allowed to leave."

"We didn't take any pictures."

"Let us leave."

"I will ask nicely one more time."

He stepped forward. He had a very threatening aura coming off of him. I had the sudden urge to run and hide.

"Calm down Demetri, there is no need to get violent."

"Shut up Gabriel if you had been doing your job in the first place we wouldn't be having this conversation right now."

A car pulled up. And we try to go to it but one called Demetri blocks us. How did he get in front of us so fast? I didn't even see him move. I think I might have drunk a little too much. But I only remember having two glasses of wine.

Yes my mind has to be playing tricks on me. People can't move in a blink of an eye like that, it's not humanly possible. Demetri is glaring at Stacy.

"I have been around a long time, ladies I know a hunter when I see one."

"What are you talking about?" I am so confused right now.

"I don't eat meat" Jenna continued to glare at them.

"LEAVE US ALONE" Stacy yelled so loud it hurt my ears.

She looked like she was about ready to fight. That's strange, she always told me she couldn't stand violence.

"Well aren't you a feisty one. I like that in a girl."

"Let us go now," Stacy said through gritted teeth.

"You had your warning."

I blink and he now has Jenna by the throat holding her a foot off of the ground.

"Let go, I can't breathe."

"Jenna" I try to run to her but someone grabs me and pulls me back and puts his hand around my throat and squeezes. I can't breathe.

My survival instinct takes over and I elbow him in the face. But it has no effect on him and he squeezes tighter. I kick backwards the best I can. I hear him groan and his grip lessees so I kick him again and this time he lets go. When I'm free I punch him in the face. When my hand connects with him it feels like I hit a brick wall. Julian was the one who had a hold of me. He barely staggers.