The Bite

I feel like I'm being shaken. I open my eyes a little bit.

"We will be landing in less than an hour. You need to be in your seat."

It takes me a moment to remember where I am and why am where I am. In a way I was hoping it was all only a dream because reality of the situation I am in now is out right scary. It's 2021 and this weekend has been completely crazy. I know I talked to Vincent quite a bit about it and he told me a lot. I have a bad feeling about being taken to Viktor maybe it's all of the scary things Vincent told me about him.

If Viktor doesn't like what I have to say or if he can't erase my memories of this weekend he will likely kill me. It would be too much of a risk for him to keep me alive. I feel like I need to run a far away as fast as I can. But I'm on a plane and when it lands I won't be around anyone who would be able to help me escape. Also Vincent has been nice if I try to run he will think I haven't been truthful.

We will be landing in less than an hour. I'm still really tired I feel like I didn't get much sleep. I think its seven hours to London from New York. I'm not sure how long we were talking either. I get up and go the restroom. There is no Mirror in there and it's the man reason I went in there. I wonder if the myth of Vampires not showing up in mirrors is true.

Vincent is typing on a lap top when I sit down.

"Did you sleep well?"

"I think so."

"Good. You'll be able to rest more after we land Viktor will talk to you this evening."

"Oh."

"You have nothing to fear right now."

"What if he doesn't believe what I have to say?"

"Then you will have something to fear. While its true Viktor shows no mercy to his enemy's he is not when it comes to his friends and family."

"A scary guy like him has friends."

"It is mostly people wanting to be in his good graces to ask for favors, but yes my brother has friends many of them in fact."

"Please put on your seat belts we will be landing shortly."

I buckle my seat belt and my anxiety rises a little. How am I going to convince the world's oldest and first vampire that I am not a threat to him or vampires?

I watch Vincent put away his laptop and put his seatbelt on. I find it funny I don't really think vampires need a seat belt.

"Is something funny?"

"Just wondering why you would need a seat belt is all."

"The idiot captain won't land otherwise."

A moment later I hear a door open and close again a moment later.

"That was the captain."

"He really checks."

"He does."

The plane begins descending a few minutes later. My anxiety goes up even more I'm fighting the urge to run away as fast as I can. I probably won't get far though. I know won't.

When the plane is completely stopped we are able to de-board. We are at a small airport a lot like the one we left from in New York. There's a black limousine waiting for us. Vincent puts his hand on my lower back and guides me to the car. He has to force me to take the first few steps. I don't want to go.

Only an idiot wouldn't be afraid to walk into the place where this vampire is. Viktor doesn't sound like the friendliest of people. Oh yeah he forced witched to watch their own children die after they killed his. It seems fair in some ways but it must have been even more awful for those who had to experience it. Maybe those witches wouldn't have been killing the children of other if they knew what would happen to their own children. Yet I can't help but feel sorry for them anyway.