CHAPTER 1

Being a mob character is better than getting involved with the main characters.

Like any normal student, students wake up early to prepare for their new day with boring subjects. Cold as ice. The cold princess went out to her car without her driver's help as she refused to be helped. She heard her name in the distance. Her flossy long black hair that reached into her hips and ocean eyes moved to that certain person.

"Irina!~"

IRINA'S POV

Two hands in the air waved at me, and I saw my friends, Edith and Monica, excitedly calling me. I returned their greeting with a smile and walked toward them. The two were in the social world, and Monica shared an interesting story with me.

"Irina, Did you hear the new rumor?"

I sighed as I looked at the black-haired woman who only reached her shoulders and had captivating pink eyes looking at me excitedly. Then I grumbled, "Again! I just got here, and then you're going to talk about the rumor."

The brown bun hair and gold eyes then opened her mouth. "Irina, this girl. The title 'social butterfly" suits you like for real."

"Oh! Come on, you guys!"

Edith and I pierced our stares at Monica, blushing in frustration, and continued sharing the rumor she heard.

"There has been a rumor that a commoner will enter the school."

We didn't comment on Monica, so she continued,

"I'm excited because I want to be friends with her!"

Both of them sighed in defeat and just nodded to her so-called dream. As the three of us chattered, a series of murmurs rang into my ears as I stepped into the entrance of the school building. My ocean eyes turned beside me and saw the commoner girl.

Monica's pink eyes sparkled in excitement. I wasn't concerned about that commoner girl and excused myself from them.

I stared out the window as I realized that two months had passed since that commoner girl studied at this school. As expected, many bullied her. This school is full of rich kids, so their personalities are kinda rude.

Now that I think about it, I once saw her drenched as she went inside the school. No matter how many students are called to the principal, the bullies don't care as their parents are backing them up.

'Not like I care.'

I continued listening to the teacher discuss and take down notes. Minutes later, the bell rang, indicating dismissal time, so I prepared my things and stepped outside the classroom. The teacher reminded us of some homework to pass tomorrow.

Since this school is known for the rich kids, there is an elevator on each floor though, I don't like taking the elevator as I want to exercise and stretch my legs every dismissal time. My floor is on the 5th floor, so it's a long stair. I went down these stairs and saw a girl walking down beside me.

It was the commoner girl. But again, I didn't care, so I passed her and went down.

I moved my head, monitoring the gloomy clouds. Monica approached me with a different aura. She looked at me seriously and said,

"I-"

However, Edith stopped Monica from speaking. I tilted my head and asked,

"Is there something wrong?"

Monica hesitantly asked me, "Irina, by any chance, is the rumor true?"

"Rumor?"

"That you pushed the commoner girl on the stairs."

I looked at her with a confused look. Then Edith continued,

"I see. Based on your reactions, you didn't do it."

I sighed quietly and started to sulk because my two friends doubted me. I avoided talking to the two and walked in the hallways. Many students were whispering my name while I passed them.

And I thought that this day was going to be a long one.

Yesterday, I walked down the stairs to reach the first floor. But strangely, I suddenly have an uneasy feeling. I take another step.

My upper body became unbalanced. My balance became uncontrollable, and I wrongly stepped down the stairs. My vision turned slow as I found myself hopeless in this situation. And that's when I realized,

'I am falling.'

I closed my eyes as I felt the pain of my body rolling down these stairs. My body strongly hit the wall, and I stopped rolling down the stairs. I weakly opened my eyes and looked up the stairs.

I saw shoes.

Meaning somebody pushed me.

I couldn't look at it further as the person who pushed me went up, making me unable to identify who it was. All I felt was pain in my body. I cried for help in my mind as I couldn't open my mouth. And negative thoughts passed to me,

'Why is this happening? I didn't do anything wrong.'

My wet eyes slowly closed as I listened to footsteps.

I slowly opened my eyes suddenly, and a warm feeling surrounded me. My body floated in a dark place, and like in cinemas, a series of films flashed before me.

'Oh, I'm screwed.'

My eyes hardly went up to watch the light bulb. I sigh in relief as I realize that I am in the hospital. As my eyes scanned the place, no one was in the room. And I slowly sat up.

I looked at the state of my body only to realize how bad I am right now. I pass the thirty seconds only to realize that I reincarnated as the villainess of <My life's obstacle, a cliché novel.

I put my hands in my head in frustration because of the sudden news, but I was confused about why I was the villain when, in fact, I didn't even bully or hurt her, and I cursed in my mind.

'What the f*ck is going on? Wait, wait, wait—I have to calm down.'

I inhaled and exhaled my breath. And I made up my mind,

'Living peacefully is the best. So I have to escape from everything. Maybe I'll just run away. I must make sure to achieve my dream.'

A whiteboard passed through my thoughts, listing how to get away from the role of villainess. I nodded as I recorded everything.

First step: Apologize to the female lead even though I did nothing wrong.

Just a single sorry; I'm sure that the female lead will accept that because she is a good person. I admit it hurts me to apologize even though I didn't do anything, but oh well, I know that things will end if one apologizes.

Second step: Break my arranged marriage with the Male lead.

To achieve that, I have to make sure that my stupid fiancée, one of the male leads, falls in love with the female lead. And then, possibly, he can humiliate me, and my family might erase my name from their records.

And lastly, Once I am free from everything, I will transfer to school, live peacefully, and become a mob character.

The end.

That plan is my happy ending.

Release Date:  07/22/2023