CHAPTER 6

To the New Life!

DAY'S (Irina's brother's) POV

My red eyes followed my sister, Irina, to the party. Irina is indeed beautiful. I was proud of her, as she's not only beautiful but also a brainy person.

I knew I shouldn't destroy their happy air, so I went my way without disturbing her.

When it was already dancing time, I glanced at Irina. My sister showed beauty, yet no one approached her. I guess it's because of the rumors. No matter how harsh the gossips are. I know that Irina is still the usual good-hearted stoic. After all,  Irina is a good child.

'I wonder how her rumor went too far.'

Unable to see my sister's loneliness, I went to her and asked for a dance.

Her reaction was so funny when I asked her. Well, she's still my sister, whom I love to tease. Eventually, she accepted my offer, and we danced in the center. I smiled at my sister's calm demeanor. I didn't want to lose, so I showed more class to the point where people would see masterpiece dancers in the center.

As the music stopped, the two of us bowed, and suddenly, the lights went out. I grab my sister, fearing to lose her. This might be an attempt to kidnap rich children, but I heard a splash of water. Then the lights turned on, pointing at one person.

Clementine.

A person who moved my heart. My heart filled with worry; I wished to run next to her, but I was still shocked by the sudden events. Tristan then suddenly ran, offering his coat. I first secured Irina's surroundings and went to Clementine. I watched Clementine's sadness. I heard a loud slap, and I saw it.

My younger sister, Irina, was slapped by Tristan. I felt hurt when I saw her cheek turning red, but I didn't expect that she looked at all of us with a gaze full of hatred.

I was about to go to her but stopped as I remembered Clementine's situation. I took a glance at Clementine; she was watching my sister. Her eyes were full of sadness. It seems like she doesn't enjoy what is happening now.

Clementine's brown eyes remind me of the eyes of my younger sister.

In the past, Irina would run to my parents, waiting for praise, but they said harsh words to Irina. Recently, she stopped seeking compliments and now holds a lonely face.

I got angry with my parents, but Irina stopped me. She asked me to don't hate them, as they are the ones who raised us. I just kept silent, to the point where I neglected her feelings.

'I'm a coward.'

I didn't have the guts to follow Irina and turn blind in her sudden walk out. Clementine stood still beside me and said, "You can let go."

I looked at her, and she continued, "You should have gone to your sister. Ms. Irina is not the one who did this."

My eyes shook, and a series of questions filled my brain.

'If she knew it wasn't Nana, why did she not say anything? '

I moved my feet, leaving Clementine in this room, and followed Irina's trails home. As I opened the door, a maid greeted me at the entrance door. Then I asked the maid, "Is Irina here?"

"Young Miss... She is not yet home."

I noticed that the maid hesitantly told me. So, I excused myself from the maid. I go to my room. And take a rest. I was sure that everything was going to be alright tomorrow.

IRINA'S POV

The sun's rays hit my face, so I woke up. I gently rub my eyes and stretch my body.