CHAPTER 3

Are villains humans?

CLEMENTINE'S POV

"Mom."

A woman lying down in the hospital bed turned her head.

"Clementine, what is it?"

Clementine looked at her mom, smiled, and said,

"I will go now to the school."

"I see. Be careful. I love you."

Clementine went out of the hospital room to go to her destination.

As expected, as she went in, the students looked at her with an awful gaze.

Clementine felt ashamed, so she lowered her head and continued to walk. Her little steps were disturbed when somebody bumped into Clementine. She looked up and saw a boy with black hair and red eyes.

The boy apologized to Clementine and went on his way. He seems to be in a hurry.

Clementine followed the boy in her sight, and I saw him go to a girl with black hair and blue eyes.

At that exact moment, Clementine recognizes the boy who bumped her. It was Irina's older brother. Clementine remembered that Irina's brother was famous like her.

She then gazes at Irina. Irina had dead eyes and a tired face.

Clementine remembered the incident yesterday.

Tristan pushed Irina in front of the crowd. I explained to him that it wasn't Irina who bullied me, but that man didn't listen.

I feel bad for Irina. I still don't understand Irina's purpose for her apology.

It was yesterday morning. Irina asked me to have a heart-to-heart talk. Suddenly, Irina bowed and apologized.

I was stunned. I tried to tell her that she was misunderstanding something, but Irina didn't listen to me. After all, I knew that Irina was sincere. But why do these rich children not listen to me? It's frustrating.

My brown eyes looked at Irina with a concerned look.

IRINA'S POV

Irina talking to her brother suddenly shivered.

Her brother noticed her unusual behavior and asked, "Irina, are you okay? You look pale, and you shivered."

I looked at my brother and shook my head. My brother sighed and said,

"I have to go now. Make sure to buy the medicine for our little sister."

I nodded to my brother and shifted my eyes to the entrance gate. Oh, isn't that a protagonist's halo? I watched my brother walk away; seems like this scene is the first encounter between the two. My blue eyes monitored the scene in front of me with disgust.

'But why do I sense that she's looking at me? '

Clementine's eyes felt like they were observing my moves or something. So to be sure, I turned my head back to see if someone was behind me. There wasn't a student behind me.

I dart at Clementine. Clementine shrank as soon as our eyes met. Then she entered the school hallways swiftly.

I was curious why she was acting this way. But then again, I mentioned I wouldn't interfere in her life, so I went my way.

But seriously, why was she acting like that?

Before the classes began, I had this habit, so I turned around and went inside the school through the back gate. My blue eyes shone when I saw a guard. The guard welcomed me, and I also said to the guard, "Good Morning, Guard."