CHAPTER 10

The Villainess Saves a Poor Girl

WARNING: SEXUAL ASSAULT & VIOLENCE

IRINA'S POV

I gazed out with my ocean-colored eyes at the blazing sun. I lifted my hand to shield my eyes from its harsh glare. The breeze gently rustled my skirt uniform as it caressed my skin. My long, black hair swayed in time to the music playing in my headphones as I bobbed my head to the beat.

As I descended the hill, I searched for the appropriate store to purchase materials for my project. Navigating the intricate streets of Jalisan can be challenging, but it's impressive how Idetta can recall every path. I proceeded swiftly toward my destination.

It has been six months since I relocated to Jalisan. As Idetta had mentioned, it is a small city where people are familiar with each other. It is not an exaggeration that everyone recognizes each other, and despite their daily labor, it remains lively.

My first day was an absolute failure. I remember passing out on the stairs due to my trauma, but still, it's embarrassing to think about it. I heard from Mrs. Candice that my neighbor carried me until she arrived. She also told me that I was safe and sound but still warned me to be careful.

Since the incident, Mrs. Candice has had daily checks on me. Fortunately, I haven't experienced any discomfort, and it's a relief to know someone is looking out for me. Even Grandpa Arcus checks on me when he returns home. It's strange to think that Mrs. Candice and Grandpa Arcus are married.

I asked Mrs. Candice if I could call her grandma, but she declined because she feels old if she calls me grandma. I respected her decision.

I wanted to meet my neighbor, but fate won't allow us. I discovered he is also a student like me, so I even woke up early to catch him. Unfortunately, it turns out he's even earlier than I am. I can't help but feel frustrated with our mismatched timing.

I let out a sigh as I remembered our unfortunate timing. I yearn to express my gratitude to him.

I went back to my steps and followed the beat of the music.

"Please stop!"

I stopped in my tracks as I heard a girl's scream. I quickly removed my headphones and focused on the direction of the sound. Given that her voice was louder than the music in my ears, it seemed she might be in danger.

"Stop!"

As soon as I heard the voice, I turned my head toward it. I quietly moved toward the sound and hid behind a nearby wall. From there, I carefully observe the two people.

A guy was pinning her to the wall. I couldn't see the girl. I calmly watch the situation. I suddenly heard disgusting words from the guy.

"Hey, miss, what a body you have there."

'This b*stard! '

I could feel my veins throbbing. This scene is definitely a crime. That d*mn b*stard. The guy moved a little, allowing me to see the same uniform as mine. I became serious. I couldn't just show up without a plan.

"Ah, please let go of my hand!"

Hearing the girl's plea, I grab my perfume bottle inside my bag. Fire soared around me, ready to be an assailant.

VICTIM POV

I scream in pain as the man aggressively grabs my hand. I tried to shake off the hand, but his grip was too firm. Tears formed in my eyes. The man pulled me toward him. An awful smell entered my nose.