CHAPTER 5

Freedom of the Villainess

IRINA'S POV

Like in dramas, the lights dramatically turned on with the spotlight, and Clementine was drenched in different paint colors. Her brown hair turned a disgusting green, as did her dress.

I suddenly feel uneasy and uncomfortable with the situation.

Clementine kept her head down, avoiding the stares of the students. Brown hair sways as a man passes me, running towards Clementine. The man's gray coat was put on Clementine's shoulder. The poor girl's gaze looked at us.

I touched my head as I felt dizzy and hit it lightly to reduce the pain. I glanced to my side only to witness a space, watched the scene, and wondered how my brother went to Clementine quickly.

I closed my eyes and suddenly felt a pain in my cheek. My head swung, and I let out a disbelieving sigh.

My blue eyes dangerously pierced the man in front of me. A man who slaps a woman with no hesitation is a RED flag. I let out a scoff as I glance at my stupid fiancée.

His brown hair and cold gray eyes watched me with disgust; however, to me, it was funny. To think this person is the male lead. He was ugly when he was mad. And then he pointed to me with his finger and said,

"From now on, our engagement will be terminated."

I paused and internally rejoiced, 'My plans are working.'

Then he continued, "Guards! Drag this witch outside."

I look at him in the eyes. I slowly put my hand on my cheek. I may have the title of villain, but I refuse to let this one slip. This trash dares to cheat while we are engaged.

"So, you're finally happy? Was it fun to make fun of me? You always blame me for something I never did. I truly pity that peasant because you fell in love with her. Being trash is something that peasants won't be proud of."

Everybody shivered from the strange air, while the other students bravely listened to me and held their breaths.

And I continued, "You're such a b*stard. You fell in love, even if you have a fiancée. You should have broken our arranged marriage, from the start when you fell in love."

I looked at my stupid fiancée coldly and said, "You know, among us, you were the trash and a useless person."

The guards arrived; they approached me, but they didn't drag me. The guards looked at me worriedly, and I said, "Don't drag me. I will walk on my own."

I walked outside past these people. I glance at my two friends. Monica looks at me worriedly, and Edith looks at my stupid fiancée coldly. The guards accompanied me until I reached the streets. Thank goodness, the guards knew me and told me to be careful.

I continued walking. My plans are working, but that doesn't mean I don't feel pain. I wandered the streets until I arrived at my house.

I slowly opened the entrance door, and my father and mother were in front of the door.

I kept my expressionless face and declared, "I'm home."

My mother snorted, and my father looked at me coldly.

Now that I realize my parents never look at me with affection,

In my past life, I lost my parents at a young age and worked all day to provide for our needs. My little brother was my last family member. My parents told me that they cut off their ties with their family. So, nobody helped us with my brother. I was grateful to our caretakers, as they didn't want us to separate from each other.