Chapter VI

The next day 3:15 pm.

On the dandelion field.

I'll wait for another 10 mins and then I'm coming to yours!

Don't make me worried Angel.

Delivered

5 minutes later

NO Don't leave.

I'll be there in 10, I swear Eli🖤

Okay

Minutes later Angel arrives at the field and freezes at the sight of the most mesmerising raven-haired boy laying among hundreds of dandelions as the sunlight brightens his face, making it almost angelic, as ironic as it may sound.

Throwing every doubt away, she strides to the ethereal being and lays down next to him looking up at the cloudless sky. The two lost and intertwined but oh so beautiful souls, who were a clear representation of each other's supporting shoulders, were there, laying in one another's comfort. They could swear this was the calmest and most serene they've ever felt.

Their hands were slowly getting closer and closer until they felt each other's warmth, the warmth they never wanted to let go and they never did.

"They will probably get a divorce," Angel started with a soft whisper.

"And...and it's so strange for me like I don't want them to separate, that would make it all too real, A true broken family."

"But simultaneously, I can't wait for them to stop fighting. I just... you know when I look at them I see that they don't love each other anymore, they don't even like one another and it's breaking my heart, Eli," Angel says with a silent sob.

"It actually h-u-urts to look at them and... and not see the lo-v-ve they had for each other!" her cries were stopping her from carrying on.

Elias maneuvers his arms around her waist and tugs her to his chest to calm down her cries.

Even though Eli wanted to tell her that it was okay and she didn't have to carry on, he also knew her all too well and knew that she needed to let go of the weight on her chest more than anything right now.

After a few minutes, she regains her composure and continues her talk.

"You know today they met for the first time in almost a week and the fun fact they didn't even acknowledge each other's presence," She continues. "I love them both dearly but they act like actual children when upset," She adds with a little laugh.

He missed that sound more than he could ever imagine.

Angel takes a deep breath, "Mom's talks are another painful topic for me as well. I know that she's upset and hurt by their constant fights, but she says stuff that hurt me instead and she doesn't even realise it."

"My own mother says that she doesn't care about my father anymore, how can I be okay with that huh, just how?" She suddenly exclaims. "I'm not okay at all and I don't know what to do anymore Eli, my heart can't take it."

Elias starts weaving and running his fingers through Angel's hair, which seems to be calming her down a bit.

"She keeps having chats with me, where she talks about him with complete indifference, like he doesn't even matter anymore and when I make a face or scowl, she comes at me with questions like: what? Aren't I right? You do know what kind of man he is right?"

"Even though I'm 17 now and should've somehow gotten used to it by now, it's been like this for years for fuck's sake, it still hurts to hear the insults they throw at each other, especially in front of me."

"They don't sleep in the same bedroom or eat at the same table. Dad doesn't even come home from work sometimes till the next day, sometimes not even then."

Angel lifts her head from Eli's chest and looks at him with watery eyes saying, "Do you know what the worst thing in this situation is? I don't even know the reason for their fights; they start so randomly and one time it got a little bit phy-y-sical," she whispered the last part almost inaudibly.

At that sentence, Angel could feel Eli's body tensing. He had to close his eyes and take a deep breath to stop himself from marching up to her father with a hard punch to his face. 

"I just want them to stop, even if it means a divorce, I just want them to stop," she says with a lone tear running down her cheek and onto Eli's soft button-down that was somehow offering the comfort she needed.

A/N

I think this is the longest chapter I've written so far.

Hope you liked it.

👇Please tap this little cute star button here.