Chapter VII

This chapter is the continuation of the last one, they're still in the field.

____________________________

"Do you think we could actually be free from here and them? You think you could take me away from here?" Angel whispers in the silence of the night.

Two lost souls spent the whole day cuddling and joking around on the field. Sun has already set down and the twinkling stars were appearing on the dark blue sky like little specks of hope.

At some point in the evening, they started plucking out the dandelions and making wishes upon blowing them away. Her wish was her freedom and a way to get away from this town and them. While he wished to keep her safe and protected at all cost, to be with her forever and have a happy life together, far away from here.

"I think together we can cross any barriers we encounter on our way, my Angel and I'd do anything for you," he whispers back while leaning his forehead on hers and gazing into her eyes, which are filling with tears of sadness and joy.

Lost in her eyes Elias felt like home. He felt as if she was the only person providing comfort for him in this entire universe. He didn't need a big mansion, wealth and a successful career or anything superficial to be happy because he already found his source of content, excitement and joy, his Angel. The same could be said about her as well but she wasn't ready, not just yet. Even if she thought of him as the sole source of bliss and happiness, her mind was too preoccupied with family problems to fully enjoy this beautiful moment they had.

They both wanted their relationship to progress and become something more than just best friends but unlike her parents, Angel and Elias knew not to start a relationship when there is too much baggage to unpack. For that reason, they silently promised each other soon in their thoughts. It's funny how can two teenagers understand each other without even saying a single word but some adults can't, even after living together for 20 years.

"You know you have the most gorgeous eyes I've ever seen," Angel suddenly admitted while staring at his mismatched, peculiar eyes. One light grey with specks of brown and one honey brown with a golden hue.

Elias gave a surprised chuckle.

"What you really do!" said Angel with a smile.

"They're weird, not pretty," he said solemnly.

Angel slapped him slightly on his arm, "Don't you ever say that! Have you even looked in the mirror? You're literally the prettiest person I know," she said averting her eyes from him, suddenly getting shy.

Elias grabbed her jaw softly turning her face back, "If you say that, I believe you then," he said with a wide smile making her laugh lightly, although his fingers around her face were making her feverish and clouding her mind.

After a few moments of gazing into each other's eyes, Elias noticed slight shivering of her body and realised that the weather was getting a bit too chilly for them to stay there for longer, no matter how much they would love to spend more time there. They started packing up their stuff and were ready to leave but Angel had other plans. She was so relieved after just a little talk with her favourite person, you could see it on her face clearly, and her mood even got a bit playful, he could always bring out the child in her. That's why she suddenly started running through the dandelions with the hope that he would always catch her.

"YOU ARE MY KNIGHT IN SHINING IMPALA!" Angel shouts with laughter evident in her voice while running through the field with Eli chasing after her, also laughing and enjoying this rare moment, as if he was running after his dreams.

In some ways he was.  

A/N

Thank you for reading❤

Thought? 

Please vote⭐