4.

After stopping at a food joint, Ivy takes us to his home. He lives in a 3 bedroom apartment if you could call it that, with his wife- Kristen. So now I am crashing at there place for as long as I am here in New York.

"Does Kristen know I am going to live with you?" I ask when we were outside his apartment building. He leads the way to the building. We stop at the front desk where he introduces me to the receptionist.

"Mr. Smith. Meet my baby brother, Drew. He will be living here with us." He points at me. I give him a stink eye which he brushes off.

Why are elder siblings like that? Does it sound funny when you say my baby brother? Well, no. You don't sound funny. You look like a complete dumbass for sure, that I can tell.

Mr. Smith looks me up and down, maybe making sure I am not some lunatic. His wrinkled face is expressionless so I can't say if I passed his test but he still gives a nod.

"Welcome, Mr. McNally. We will arrange a temporary keycard for you. You can collect it tomorrow or day after tomorrow at best, also we would require your fingerprint." He finishes with a monotone voice. He punches a few keys and scan my hands.

I raise my eyebrow to which Ivy just shrug. Security measures, he mouths. With a nod I again follow behind him to his floor.

He lives on fifth floor where there is one more family which lives just in front of Ivy's apartment. He puts the password and enter, me being right behind him.

"Does Kristen know, Ivy?" I repeat.

"What does it matter?" He replies. He gestures to the a room just right down the hallway. He opens it to reveal a relatively big room. There is a double bed which is covered with light green sheets. There also a walkincloset, a sitting area and a bathroom.

"Damn!" Ivy chuckles at my reaction. He leaves my room to do whatever he is going to do. I change into more comfortable clothes and drop onto the bed with a heavy sigh.

My eyes open when I hear soft knocking on my door. Rubbing my eyes, I turn over to check watch.

6 P.M.

"Drew?" A soft feminine voice calls out from the other side of the door. Reluctantly, I leave my sweet heaven to open the door. Kristen smiles sweetly as she takes in my bedhead.

"Hey."

"Hi, Drew. Come out, I have made chicken pasta and there is also cheesecake."

"Okay." I try to go back to sleep but couldn't sleep. So after freshening up I join Ivy and Kristen. As soon as I enter the dining room, I halt in my steps.

"What?" Ivy questions after I don't move for two straight minutes.

"Kristen?" Hearing her name she turns to me. Her long straight blonde hair tie up in a neat bun, her loose cream colour shirt complimenting her light skin tone as well as showing her baby bump.

A baby bump!

"What?" She repeats after Ivy but it is hard to open my mouth.

Kristen is pregnant.

Kristen is going to be a parent.

Kristen and Ivy are going to be parents.

When Kristen notices me staring at her bump, she gently cradles it with her left hand. Leaving whatever she was doing, she takes a few steps towards me.

She takes my hand and puts it on her swollen stomach.

I don't know how to describe this feeling. My breathing nearly stops when my skin comes in contact with hers.