23.

Apparently, a 5 pound kid can shake the whole house if she wants.

"Why are kids so energetic at nights!" I grumbled. I looked at Ivy then at seven days old devil, Aurora.

"Just change the sheets. Will you?" He didn't look up from the task at hand, namely changing her dipar.

After I was finished, I took the sheet and dump them in the laundry basket. Came back to see a father and daughter in their own world.

Ivy gently rocked Aurora, humming softly so she could sleep.

"You should probably accept Mom's help." Ivy rolled his eyes as he put Aurora in her crib. He bundled up neatly then placed the child monitor.

"You didn't just suggest that."

"I did." We moved to the living room so we could talk. He took the chair, leaned back to rest. I sat next to him on the couch.

"I think I can handle this on my own." He replied.

"Yeah, I know. But what about when you get bavk to work?" He sighed hearing that.

"I still haven't heard anything from board members. They are still thinking over my transfer." Ivy had told me a weeks ago that he will no longer worker at that place and had requested for his and Kristen's transfer which yet to finalize. If everything goes right, they will have a new place to work.

"But what after that?" I added. If he wants to focus on patient, he will need rest and these late nights, waking every hour to check upon Aurora won't be good for him.

It's not like I can't help or don't want to but there is limit to what I can do without supervision. Besides, Mom has years of experience and she will gladly take care of her granddaughter.

"I will think about it." He said. His eyes were closed, seconds away from passing out. "I think you are right. Kristen needs rest and I won't be much of a help after going back to work." With that he stood and bid good night.

Ever since Kristen came back, Ivy had been sleeping less and less. He never let Kristen woke up in nights or let them out of his sight.

After a few more minutes, I also went back to my room. Once I was in, I led under the covers. However I couldn't sleep. Why? Because thoughts of someone occupied my mind. Someone who held me when I was crying, when I was jealous of my own brother and niece.

Gosh! I would like to kick myself for that.

Roy left after sometimes and the next he was on his flight to India. We haven't talked after that neither have texted. I could do that, call or message but what would I say or more importantly why would he talk to me. So I decided to not contact him. I can thank him when he comes back.

With that, I again I tried to sleep but couldn't. Suddenly I had this urge to talk to Oliver. I look over at the watch, 23:30.

He should be awake. If he doesn't pick up first time, I won't call back. He didn't pick up the first time neither the next time. Third time he did.

"Drew?"

"Oliver! Hey!"

"Hi. Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Did I wake you?"

"No." He cleared his throat, "I...I wasn't sleeping."

Something wasn't right, it was clear from his voice. I sat up straight, resting my back against the board.

"Were you crying?" I whispered. I know Oliver. He isn't the type of person who would open up. He is the type to over think every damn single thing but never seek help so I was surprised when he replied.