18.

These past few days were one of the laziest days of my life. I did nothing except lounge around, cook food with Kristen, bitch about Ivy with her. Spending time with her made me relived to be born without reproductive organs.

I lost count how many times she had to pee only because she drank two glass of water or how she eyes food she wants to eat but can't or how she can't lie down like she wants or simply sit because sometimes baby Ivy decided that's not the right way to sit.(It's baby Ivy only when they kick, other times baby Kristen. And I have zero complaints.)

She has my respect now. The kind of self control only a person who is about to pop a baby out, has. Now, I have vowed to do anything she ask.

Another thing I did was to meet with Mom and Dad two times. Both the time Mom's behavior shocked me. She never brought up any question about my personal life.

When I told Oliver that he laughed at me.

Yeah, whatever. It's not like my mother to leave thing that way so I was shocked. That's it.

Our lunch dates were normal, they asked questions about how I liked work at hospital and I told it was okay. Nothing really extraordinary, just watching people with hwak like gaze, scare them enough so they don't anything.

They also shared their tales. About Mia and Wyatt, their plans for Ivy's baby, how they arranged a special surprise for Kristen and their upcoming holidays.

Despite how nice it felt to catch up with them, I always ached in my heart. There is so much I don't know about my own family. I could have this last few years here in New York with them but what did I do with life?

Lived in delusion, in a fantasy.

"Can watch something else? This is 10th time you are watching this exact episode." Wyatt scrunched his nose adorably at his sister's choice. Kristen smiled at his adorable behavior.

"Shut up Wyatt." Mia replied, her attention solely on TV. Kristen like an responsible adult chose to not comment, she was munching on her chips mindlessly. Sometimes she ran a soft hand over her stomach, smiling to herself.

The sunlight coming through light curtain, gives a home-y feel to it all. Or maybe I feel that way because I have been spending so much time with all of them.

"How long do I have to wait for food?" She grumbled. I looked at the artistic black clock on the wall. Ivy had been in the kitchen for one hour and that amazing aroma coming from kitchen is quite frustrating. We are all famished.

"I'll go check on him." None of them paid attention to me as I crossed the sitting area. I like this house. The walls are light pink in colour in living room unlike my room's. My room had a theme for sure but for the life of me I couldn't tell what. Like every other thing in this house, kitchen is also modern. Brand new equipments, expansive dishes and whilte walls.

Who paints their kitchen white?

"How long?" I ask. Ivy looked up from the pan. Today he ditched his normal style to don a causal outfit. The flavourful air is stronger here, and the way my stomach grumbles, it agrres. Even though I would die before telling him this, he is quite a good cook.

"Just a few more minutes." He stirred the delicious looking pasta, "Stop drooling and check my phone. It has been going off for a while." He points at it.

I took his phone from the counter which he unlocked it for me. I noticed he had tons of messages and missed calls from one number, Roy. I glanced at Ivy, he was busy arranging salad. So by sibling rights, I opened his inbox.

All the messages were same, asking to call to him as soon as possible, something about a new clue. As I was checking a new text popped up. Ivy gazed at me, hearing the sound.