12.

"That person you were talking about lives on third floor!?"

"Uh-huh."

"In the same building as you."

"Hm."

I watch him with I am sure, is my you-dipshit look. He shrugs and knocks on the door three times before someone calls from inside a muffled 'coming'.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of this situation. I know I should have consulted to a doctor long ago but I refused. They could have helped me with my body pain or maybe everything.

It's a common knowledge that nowdays people relies heavily on drugs(prescribed by their doctors, of course) after the rejection or when their mate di...e, so why exactly I didn't do it?

. . . .

Because.

I remember how Oliver looked at me that time when I denied his offer of visiting a doctor. His face all red and sad because of anger and frustration, not that he pressed me into it. But every once in awhile he would pop this question up.

"Good afternoon Roy." A man opened the door for us. He smiled softly before shaking hands with both of us. His eyes which are dull blue right now, must have been beautiful blue in his young years.

"Dr. Carlo Eden, here." He gestures to him with his hand then at me, "This is Drew McNally, Dr. Ivy McNally's brother."

"Nice to meet you, Drew."

"Same." Okay I know it is very rude to respond in this way but I am here against my will. Even though Carlo has done nothing. Roy shoots a unappreciate look in my direction which I choose to ignore.

Carlo house is exactly the same as Roy, yet it is different. Roy's house doesn't had the feel of anyone living there but this house, it is well kept and messy at same time. The vibes are completely different, relaxing if I say.

The bookshelf is arranged is quite a order, same couldn't be said about the living area next to tjat big window.

"We really appreciate you taking off your time to meet us. Privately." Roy says the words privately looking at me.

Should I be grateful for that you, asshole?

"No need to thank me. I was curious myself when you said McNally."

"Yes. So do you want me to stay or leave?" As soon as those words left Roy's mouth a weird feeling settled in my stomach. Roy and I have known each other only for a month even so I don't want to be alone in a house with a total stranger.

Not that Carlo can harm me. Physically he can't. But that's not the only people can damage you.

"Depends on you." Carlo directs it to me. He is asking me if I am comfortable with Roy here? Yes. But also no when I think about. What kind of questions will he ask me?

"I don't mind." I replies after a beat with a nonchalant shrug.

"Take a seat anywhere you want. I'll go grab something to drink." He moves to a cabinet near the kitchen floor which just like Roy's apartment, is a little above from the living room.

That interior designer didn't put any afforts!

When Roy and I made ourselves comfortable on the couch, Carlo came back with three iced tea. With a grateful nod, we both took one.

"So, are you okay if I ask you some personal question?" Carlo begins. He sat infront of us on bamboo chair. While Roy has set up his big tv on this particular wall, Carlo's is decorated with family photos and other stuff.

"No."

"Okay. Roy had told me about last night incident."

"Oh really." I sipped my ice tea. I can feel Roy burning holes in my head but I didn't spare him a glance.

"Why don't you tell me about it yourself?"

"I said no many times...I think I told him I wanted to stop." There was no point in hin telling whole story, I am sure Roy has already told him. But I hate that there was hesitation in my voice, even if it was only for a second.

"Why did you say no?" Carlo relaxed in his seat, however Roy sat a little straight.

"I can go back." He offered.

"No, you can stay." I told him, "I was feeling body pain."

"Body pain?" An understanding crossed his face. This made it hard to meet eyes with him so dropped my eyes to the floor. Nice carpet, by the way!

"Yeah. Whenever I...I get intimate with anyone, I feel body pain."

"Oh!"

Okay, this is hella awkward. Can I just leave?

"I think we should do a full body checkup." Roy inserts when Carlo was quiet.

"Yeah." Carlo nodded then he stood up and brought his laptop from his room. "Drew, when was the last time you shifted?"

"Last time?" I frown at his question. I remember my last shift. Very clearly actually.

It was the day when...when we buried him.

"Yeah."

"Two years ago." They both were surprised at my confession.

"Wow! That's a really long time." With a deep breath Carlo continued, "I think we should do a X-RAY first. I think this body is because the gaps in your bones is filling up."

"That's impossible. It only happens when one's wolf dies."

A human's bone structure is totally different from that of werewolf. In numbers we have equal bones as human's and that's where the similarities stop. While human's bones are plain and smooth, shifters have cracks in their bones.

These cracks help us when we shift. They make the shifting easy and less painful as well as give us more flexibility. For a normal person they seem like a truck has gone over us but that's how a shifters body is.

 For a normal person they seem like a truck has gone over us but that's how a shifters body is

These gaps as well as DNA make Alpha, Beta, Gamma and so on.

"It is true. Do you feel his presence?" I nod, he thinks for a moment before suggesting "Still I think a X-RAY is required before I make any assumption."

"I think he is right. Maybe your wolf is alive but he can be weak. Not matter what two year is really long time. Besides, Carlo has years of experience in this area, I won't suggest you to neglect his advice." Roy looked with such a serious expression that I couldn't say anything other than agreeing with him.

"This is also very important for your health, Drew."

"Yeah. Okay." I couldn't form any words. My heart is suddenly beating fast and my palms are sweaty.

"Then let's go."

__________________

I am low-key really proud of this chapter.
😌

Please vote and comment and share.

To all those who is sticking with this story I am really grateful for your support.❤️❤️❤️

Please be safe and keep reading.