14.

Oliver and I catch up on the things which happened in this month. He listened intently without interpreting me.

"You sure you can tell me this?" He questions. His brown eyes narrow in concern. Elliot sits next to him, drinking his coffee and running his thumb over Oliver's thigh. That touch may appear completely innocent to foreign eyes but not to me.

That touch speaks volume, it is intimate.

I look to side to not witness that moment. Something ache inside my heart. I am not jealous but I am not happy for him either.

What if Elliot ended up like..like him. He had a wife, he has a child. He had all the more reasons to betray Oliver.

"Where is your mind roaming?" Elliot's annoying voice cuts through my thoughts.

"Well, it really doesn't matter whom I tell or not. Besides, it's just you." Oliver smiled at my comment which I find it hard to not reciprocate.

"I had a talk with James. He said that after a very through meeting with the human government they are taking Council's concerns seriously. The question is- how exactly." He adds with frown. He and Elliot exchange a look. Something must have happened there. I'll ask about it later.

I knew about Council's attempts, they are trying to things in a way which won't frighten human. Their efforts are not going futile however government hasn't made things easy.

I open a drawer to take out my medicine. I hate to admit but this is helping me in a lot of way. Now that feeling of something pressing down on my chest is getting less and less, also I realized how my eyesight is sharper. There are a whole lot of changes in my body. Some are welcomed, some are not.

"I can't believe you are taking medicines." Elliot comments accusingly. Before I could answer his phone rang loudly. His mischievous demnor dropped quickly when he checked his phone. He hurriedly walked out of the room while I watched his back.

"Something wrong?" I ask when I spot Oliver with the same expression as Elliot.

"It's Nick." He sighed ,"He hasn't texted or called for nearly two weeks." At confused stare he sighed again before continuing, "Forget it. Nope, I am not here to dump my worries on you."

"Okay." He grinned making me roll my eyes. Although we don't really talk like we used to but still I so badly want to know what is happening in his life.

It is a mystery why Norah willingly keeps Nick away from his biological father. Not that I am interested, but it effects Oliver in many ways, especially negativiely.

"You know he blames Elliot for literally everything." Oliver was thinking about something, running his hand through his hair.

After that we talked about different stuff like about his house which why the by, is almost complete. I told him about the incident and about half breeds. His face immediately lost some colour.

To think that something like this could have happened to him or Elvira. No, Oliver is safe so is she. I am not going down that road where all my thoughts consume any happy thought.

Sometime in between Elliot came back, saying he had to reach somewhere. Something about his work, so he had to leave.

Did leave just like that?

No. Of course not.

He put a proper show of his undying love as he kissed the day light out of Oliver, leaving him a flustered mess.

"Was it really necessary?" I wondered as Elliot left the room.

"Drew that boy has be.." Ivy stopped mid sentence as he spotted Oliver who grinned widely. Ivy walked past me to hug Oliver who was slightly surprised despite ruturning the gesture.

"Hey! Ivy."

"Hi. I thought you were coming yesterday."

"Oh yeah.." Ivy looked at me, "..first you kept it from me that he was coming here then you even ket him here." Ivy looked thoroughly bored as he continues to ignore me which is pissing me off.

"Yes, I did.Now stop this chit-chat, that boy has been waiting for past twenty minutes." That caught Oliver attention.

"Boy?" Oliver looks from Ivy to me. "Oh..you mean interview." He said it with teasing tone, "Can I watch?"

"Why not." It is hard to say no to him when he has this big smile however Ivy did give me a look. "Don't be such a wuss. Two is always better than one. He is also a trained pack member." Ivy rolled his eyes but kept his mouth shut. So Oliver followed Ivy and me to the interview room.

That room is relatively smaller than other rooms, having only one table, two chairs which faces each other and one banch right next to door facing table. The walls are also bare of any decoration.

"Good afternoon." Ryle Callum, a werewolf in his late twenty's greeted us as soon as we entered. I nodded before taking the seat, he did the same and Oliver chose to sit right behind Ryle.

"Hello. My nam一"

"I know your name," I cut him off, "your qualifications, your past work experiences." Ryle looked confused at my words.

Not the first time seeing that annoying and curious look. Sure when you normally give an interview, they expect you to introduce yourself first. It helps to leave an good impression.

Bullshit. They are not here because anyone doubts their abilities, they are here because we don't trust them.

They have to gain trust and my approval.

I watched while he pursed his lip in thin line but opted to stay quite. "I have a few questions, not really work related. However I want you to answer truthfully."

Ryle gave a nod but from his body language it was obvious I am making him nervous.

Good.

"Why did you choose to work at your last hospital? It was only for humans and your major is shape shifter一"

"Orthopedic." He finished. Suddenly he sat more straighter, keeping his head high when he answered, "I wanted to have some experience with humans. I was looking for a place where I can practice with shifters but as you already know there aren't really many places where you can practice."

True.

"How was it there?" I further ask, stealing a glance behind him. Oliver listened quitely, his presence was a relief.

"Nice." He hesitated for a moment as if he wanted to add more but in end chose against it.

"I am curious how did you get the job there? You graduated from a college, college for shape shifters. So how?"

His face was devoid of any emotion but the scent of fear wafting from his pores was dead give away.

"I..."

"You..."

"..."

"Mr. Callum, sorry to say this but you are not qualified for this job."

"What?!"

I didn't waste anytime leaving that bastard there. Oliver came out with me, I locked that man inside before calling Maxwell. He said someone would take care of it.

"Now what?"

"What what?"

"What will happen with guy?"

"I don't know. I think he will be send to police, they will question him." I answered with a shrug.

"And?"

"And Council will decide his fate." I sighed. "I don't he can get away with it. Dumbass has to share his previous workplace."

We both decided to eat outside, I knew I shouldn't do that. I should probably stay at hospital and finish as much work as possible but somehow I couldn't bring myself to care.

I needed time with best friend.

I needed something familiar.

______________________

Willing as crossed 100 votes!