10.5 || If She Die

"Oi, Marco!"

He couldn't move his body as if he had no control over it anymore. "Marco! Get away from the windows!" You were just there, you were right behind him after Jean gave them a sign to move. "The titans are going to—" He could swear to the deities that a few seconds ago, he saw you trailing on his back, jumping towards the headquarters at the same time as him.

But now, he could only see the two gigantic heads of the titans, looking down at him with those creepy eyes as he heard Jean's voice stop all of a sudden. His friend must have seen it too before, right? What happened to you), the way the titan gripped you as if you were an insect with how easy they swallowed your whole body.

His gaze was fixated on the last place you were seen before, but he started coming back to his senses when one large hand punched the titans out of the crack in the wall. Slowly but steady, he heard Connie's voice, followed by Jean, Armin, and Mikasa. He could get some information inside his head. About a titan attacking another titan, how they survived and Armin led that abnormal titan here to fight its kind.

"Marco, let's go."

Yet he was still frozen in place, blinking at the empty spot that was supposed to be filled with someone. "We have to plan our next move." With (Y/n) Tybur. "Come on now, it's not like you to be shaken up like this. Isn't it usually me?" Jean was chuckling underneath his breath as he helped him up, and now, Marco could only look at him with a blank look in his eyes. "What?"

He faintly heard the way Jean panicked before, about how many people died because of his signal. You were precious to him, to both of them, and when he realised that Jean seemed to compose himself already, he just couldn't get the courage to tell him about what happened to you.

"Nothing, Jean." Just for now. "I am glad you are here." He would imagine that you were already inside.

Bertolt's gaze scanned the room, wondering where his lover was. He saw you before at the rooftop, and he thought that you must have wanted to help Mikasa with Armin and Connie. The three of them were here though, planning the ambush mission to take over the supply floor, and he was supposed to focus for now. Although, he couldn't shake this nagging feeling when he realised that you were not in this room.

He already asked Reiner before, curious if maybe he sent you to a private mission, but when the blonde answered calmly that you probably were wandering around the headquarters, he knew that something must have happened.

You cared too much for these island devils, and you would put yourself most of the time to make sure the others were safe. That was the reason why he often reminded you of your place. A warrior, a Tybur, the war hammer titan. On your shoulders, there was so much weight that you needed to carry, one that the rest of the warriors had to give support.

And if you were gone too, following Marcel, then the mission to retake the founding titan might have been considered a failure already.

"Annie, that was too close." Trailing behind Reiner, he jogged towards his friend who just slayed the titans that Connie missed before. "I am glad you are not injured." The blonde girl just shrugged, albeit from the way her eyes looked around the room as the other cadets restock their supply, it seems that she had the same concern as him.

"Where's (Y/n)?" Annie was close to you, maybe even closer compared to how you were with Pieck. It was also visible that she saw you as more than a comrade. "I haven't seen her ever since we were here." And despite trying to look nonchalant, the worry in her tone was too prominent to ignore.

"She is strong, surely she can handle herself somewhere." Reiner tried not to put his mind over it, either because he believed you that much or he was trying to hide his fear, the two other titans shifters could no longer pinpoint which. "What should be in our concern is the titan out there, you guys heard about it, right?"