35 || The Lost Princess

Almost a year after the battle of Shiganshina, where you had to let go of Bertolt and decided to stand your ground for Paradis. A few months after that, the Survey Corps reached the ocean. They made a new map, exploring all sides of the island without needing to worry about any titan lurking around. But after that, well —

Never once crossed your mind you would be in this position.

"Whoa, she really shot her allies on the head! As easy as that." Connie sounded so surprised when he said it, but it was nothing new in this war and he should have imprinted it inside his head. Then again, after what happened in the underground church, none of you had to experience any human killing spree ever again. "What do you think she wants?"

"Beats me."

Everyone was tired. The Marleyan ship arrived just around midnight, and all the soldiers had been on standby ever since. Five hours passed after Yelena, the lanky woman who shot their commanding officer, had been negotiating or whatever she was doing with Hange and Captain Levi. No one knew what she was trying to do. It was hard to decipher someone as an enemy or ally at a time like this.

"But the fact that we found someone willing to share information is an unbelievable stroke of luck, don't you guys think?"

Your eyes softened at the blonde's words, always so positive under any circumstances. When the other soldiers thought about eliminating the Marleyan — not your friends though — he raised his voice and told them to calm down, starting his preaching about how this could be a bright chance for Eldian in Paradis. Yes, to talk with the outsiders, hopefully, there was really a positive outcome from this.

"It is lucky, yes." You wanted to groan as Eren butted in, but you kept your irritation to yourself because somehow, you could predict what he wanted to say. "It's a total fluke we stopped them from landfall. If Marley was serious, we wouldn't stand a chance." Of course, you knew that too well, and you averted your gaze to the side when those emerald orbs stared at your figure. "We have to do something."

As if on cue, Hange came out from the camp along with the grumpy old man who never kept his eyes off the tall commander. There was an unreadable expression on their face, and you wondered what they had discussed, and how far Paradis knew about Marley from Yelena.

"(Y/n), get down here! She wanted to talk with you!"

You blinked, taking the information momentarily as Hange shouted from down there. "I don't know why she asked for you, since, well, you are not a titan shifter, no offence, (Y/n)!" A weary chuckle just slipped from your lips at that, especially when you could feel a worried look thrown at you. "But she said you are intriguing!"

"Like hell we allow Tybur to be alone with that lanky ass woman!"

"Kirstein!"

Despite wanting to laugh at his retort, you only bite your inner cheek to calm yourself before looking down at your commander once again. "I will be down there, Hange!" You waved at your friends, smiling sheepishly since you were also confused why the woman seemed to be eager to talk with you. Sasha was awake now, whispering to be careful before she growled a little, as if knowing how dangerous the blonde woman could be.

"Ah, are you alright to talk with her alone?" As you jumped down in front of Hange, you were greeted by that question. "I mean, Levi also said that he wouldn't let his soldier talk with someone, who is also a potential enemy, alone."

Oh, you didn't expect that. You wanted to smile at the ‌soft attitude, but you still wanted to live, so you only nodded as a sign for them to continue. "We negotiated a little, and she said if you wanted someone to be there with you, just one person, though, is alright."