37 || Warmth Reading Nook

After Mikasa stammered the question before, your heart was confiding in you that something would happen. Between you and Armin, it was time for him to finally move this onwards. At first, you thought the blonde was going to confess and asked you to be his. To be his lover. Finally, finally.

But you didn't expect this, not at all.

You didn't expect him to try killing two birds with one stone.

"Live... with you?"

Your pupils dilated at him as if questioning if he was for real. While he? Armin didn't waver at all when he thought he would be.

Armin had contemplated everything before rapping at the front door of Mikasa's brand new house, trying to foresee some ‌answers you might give. Most of it was, of course, with you taking a step back.

Out of his reach, out of his life.

"Yes."

"Armin, do you even understand your question...?" And he felt that would exactly become the outcome this time.

Maybe he was being stupid, daydreaming too much to think that he had an actual chance with you. Or he could have that, by only asking you if you wanted to be his. Not this drastic, no. He should take his time well, maybe even more calculating.

Four years, four years, four years.

But time wasn't something he had. Human beings couldn't control their life anyway. The time that was given to them by the deity, no one knew how much. And it got worse as a titan shifter. He only had twelve years to live, and you were going to wither at any moment when he was reaching his mid-twenty.

Yes, that was the reason he had to be bold. Whether or not he liked the result was another crisis to be solved later.

"I mean every word that I have said." He whispered out, eyes filled with determination as he never once looked away from you. "From the very first time I knew you, and up to this moment."

You still couldn't believe your ears. Orbs followed the serious line on his face as you wondered if maybe he was only joking. But Armin wasn't someone who would play around. Especially not about his feelings, exactly like what he said.

The last few months that you spent with him, despite all the changes that happened, you ended up feeling so light. You were aware of the duty that chained you. The fear would often creep inside your heart once more, but it never lingered for too long. And you knew why. You knew the reason everything in your life seemed to be easy.

"Armin," His name tumbled down from your lips, and it sounded like those devotees praying for their God instead. "I only have four years." And you were indeed praying, to whatever deities out there, hoping for them to hear you out.

To give you more time because you wanted to live, more than this curse ever let you.

"Then let me stay by your side for the next four years." Because it felt like you finally found someone, the one person you wanted to spend everything with. "Let me spend my time loving you. I will make it all worthwhile."

You didn't flinch when you felt his thumb grazing on your cheek. Tears were pricking at the corner of your eyes, and he wiped them off so gently as he waited for your answer. Patiently so. He had been admiring you from the shadows for years. A couple of minutes more was nothing.

"N-No regret...?"

"Never."

A reassuring smile never left his visage, and it was the last push you needed before you sobbed and wrapped your arms around his neck, pulling him tighter as you wanted to feel him in every fibre of your being.