[8]

In the days since the charity gala, one thing had become clear to both Emma and Marcel. Davina was not relenting in her refusal to give Elijah back to Klaus. And the longer it went on, the more problems it would cause. Once it took too long, Klaus would get paranoid about Marcel possibly going back on his word, and if Emma's suspicions were right, all hell would break loose.

And since that was the last thing she needed, Emma had decided it was time to take things into her own hands. Because of that, she had hidden herself away in her loft, sitting at the kitchen table. The surface of which was covered in papers, books and grimoires as she searched for something she could do. Some way to possibly remove the dagger from Elijah's chest from a distance, or a way to do it without Davina getting angry or interfering.

She could hear the sounds of people in the streets, many of whom were preparing for the music festival which would be taking place that night. Emma tuned them all out, focusing on her work instead. But no matter how much she looked, Emma knew that even if she managed to find something, it wouldn't be the end of her problems.

She'd need the power to do it. Power she couldn't siphon from the city itself or its witches because Davina would be on to her before she could even finish a single spell. And she couldn't siphon it from the vampires without having to give an explanation. And something told her that 'I need to astral project into Davina's attic so I can un-dagger Elijah without actually being seen' won't really fly.

For a moment, she wondered about the werewolf that had been spotted in the Quarter a while ago. Siphoning a werewolf would come with no questions asked, and she didn't have to worry about her ability to overpower one if it wasn't a full moon. But it was just an idea which she quickly dismissed. Even if Marcel's guys hadn't killed it, the wolf was long gone by now. Especially if Klaus' interest in it was interest in helping them, whoever it had been, hide or escape.

She was just about ready to chuck one of her mother's grimoires into the wall, but before she got a chance the sound of the doorbell cut off all the messy thoughts and ideas going through her head. With a glance at the clock on the wall, she wondered who it could be since she wasn't expecting anyone. Still, she got up, grabbing one of the gems from a decorative bowl settled on the table and with the boost of magic, clearing and closing the table as she walked away from it. She was glad she did so once she noticed who it was that stood on the other side of her door. And she didn't hesitate in opening the door.

"Just the witch I was looking for." Marcel greeted her with a smile. "I need a favour." On a normal day, Emma would have responded with sarcastic small talk with herself. Greeting herself, asking herself how her day was going, and all that. But today she had a different agenda.

"Just the vampire I have a bone to pick with." She said, the glare on her face making it clear this little visit wouldn't go over smoothly for Marcel. And it couldn't come at a better time. If she made it clear she was pissed at him, if she needed to refuse whatever favour he was about to ask for (if it had anything to do with the Mikaelsons), it wouldn't come across as too suspicious.

"Oh boy, here we go." Marcel sighed, still somewhat amused as he watched Emma walk back into her apartment, leaving the door open and allowing him to follow her inside before he closed it.

Standing in the living room, Emma turned back to him, arms crossing across her chest as she levelled him with a pointed look. "I really didn't think we needed to have a conversation about not letting the Mikaelsons even find out about Davina, but not only did you make that foolish mistake, you went as far as bringing Rebekah right to her doorstep? What the hell were you thinking?!"

With most of their time together spent around the witch in question herself, Emma didn't have much chance to bring it up with Marcel. She wanted to do it when they were alone. But now that they were, and she had her chance, she wasn't planning on holding back when sharing all that she was thinking when it came to his stupidity.

"Rebekah was relentless, she didn't give me a choice." Marcel tried to excuse his actions, but that only put him on the receiving end of a glare which made him happy looks couldn't kill. Or grateful that he was immortal, because the one she was giving him right now, perhaps did actually have the power to end a mortal.

"You always have a choice." She scolded. "Yours was to scare the Mikaelsons by showing off the power you hold. And now that they know about her they won't stop looking. Klaus is already digging around to see what I know."

"Davina made sure to wipe all memories of the church from Rebekah. She doesn't actually know where she is." Marcel then tried for a more reassuring approach, and while the lack of known location did relax Emma just a bit, it wasn't nearly enough. Just because they didn't know now, didn't mean they wouldn't do whatever it took to find out. Especially while Elijah was still in the same location. "I promise, I won't let any of them get their hands on her, okay?"

"You should-" Emma was ready to continue, but never got to give her very pointed, very opinionated advice as a sharp cough cut off her words. The sound made a frown appear on Marcel's face as he took the extra few steps until he was standing right next to her.

"Ok, how about you just take my word and stop stressing out?" He spoke in a gentle tone, his hands settling on her shoulders and leading her over to sit on the couch. Emma didn't fight him on it, but did roll her eyes, ready to remind him not to tell her what to do. But he spoke again before she could. "When's your next check-up?"

"I'm fine." She grumbled out, hating being treated like one cough meant the end of it all. Emma was tired of it.

"You'll forgive me for worrying since I know how stubborn you can be." Although, he did have a point with that one. "So, when?"

With an annoyed sigh, Emma finally answered the question. "This afternoon," another point to her don't be suspicious about the favour goals. "But since I'm possibly gonna be on favour duty something tells me I might have to skip it?"

While Emma was ready to refuse if doing whatever he needed her to put her in a precarious position, Emma still wanted to know what the favour would be. Maybe she didn't even have to say no. However, when Marcel responded, she realized mentioning her appointment may not have been the way to go about finding out what it might be.

"No. No you won't. I can handle that on my own."

Still, Emma raised a dubious eyebrow at him. If he needed a witch-y favour, she was the best person to go to. So either his determination to get her to go to her check-up with Doctor Vargas was much higher than she expected, or it really wasn't that important.

"I'll take care of it." He said after noticing the look, and his voice was laced not only with conviction, but also a tone of finality. Emma knew he wasn't telling her whatever he needed or was planning. And if she prodded further, she'd lose all her subtlety. But she didn't worry about it too much. She would simply have to resort to other measures.