[10]

Unlike her usual routine, that particular morning, Emma didn't sleep in for as long as she could or go through her morning routine at a calm pace. Instead, she had woken up to the sound of the alarm blaring from her phone and proceeded to rush through the basic steps of getting ready for the day, taking her medication and running out the door the first chance she got.

She had one location in mind as she moved through the streets of the French Quarter; St. Anne's Church. More specifically, it's attic. Emma needed to go over and make sure that everything had gone as she wanted it to. If it had, Elijah would be gone by now, and Davina would be alright.

So the first sign of perceived trouble came to Emma in the form of Marcel. She spotted him, standing on the other side of the street she watched as he walked out of the church, oblivious to her presence. The sight of him alone wasn't that unsettling, it wasn't odd for the vampire to visit Davina. It was his good spirits that made Emma wonder.

She knew she'd removed the dagger, and even if Davina tried to put it back, it wouldn't work. Elijah was awake, that Emma was sure of. Just as she was sure it wouldn't be something that made Marcel so chipper. So either something about her plan to release Elijah had gone wrong, or Davina hadn't told Marcel that he was free. Emma couldn't begin to suspect what the motive for her latter theory would be.

And because of that, she waited as little time as she could before making her way into the church once she was sure Marcel had left for good and wouldn't be returning. It was empty as she walked through it, a stone firmly grasped in her hand, obscuring her from sight as she climbed up the stairs. The spell dropped only when she found herself at the door, hearing no noise coming from inside before she opened it.

"Hey, I didn't know you were coming." Davina turned to look at her, first thinking it was Marcel back again, but happy to see Emma instead. A small smile came over her face, even though the young witch was still hoping Emma didn't plan on staying too long.

"Thought I'd surprise you with some breakfast." Emma revealed, showing off a paper bag with a familiar logo that made Davina drop what she was doing so she could grab hold of it. However, that brought Emma's attention to what had been happening before she walked in. "What are you doing?"

"Packing." Davina revealed shortly, already breaking off a piece of her croissant and popping it into her mouth, missing the confused look on Emma's face at the revelation.

"Packing for what?" The Broussard questioned suspiciously.

"Marcel didn't tell you?" And it was that suspicion that surprised Davina, especially when her question was met with a pointed look clearly meant to mean 'obviously not'. "He's getting me out of here. Tonight."

For a moment, Emma wasn't sure what to say. On one hand, she agreed with the decision, knowing it was a smart one. On the other, she wanted to kick the vampire's ass for telling her nothing about it. "That's... Smart." She muttered. She wouldn't jump to conclusions right away. But if it turned out that Marcel had no plans of telling her that he'd moved Davina, she was going to kill him.

"How come I didn't feel you coming?" Davina's question brought Emma out of her plotting mind, making her look back at the brunette girl that was sitting on the bed with a curious look in her eyes.

"I used one of my stones." Emma revealed simply, eyes starting to scan the attic room as she reminded herself why she was here in the first place. She'd deal with Marcel's possible backstabbing later.

"Why?"

"I wasn't sure if you'd still be sleeping, didn't want to wake you with a fright." Emma said simply, and it really was a part of it. Although, she was aware that Davina was much more of an early riser than she was. Consideration wasn't the only reason for the stone. "If Marcel's moving you, what will he do with Elijah?"