[22]

Emma was pleased that she'd managed to sleep through most of the morning. And by the time she woke up, glancing at the phone on her bedside table, she was happy to see that not only was it well past noon, but also a multitude of update messages, most importantly ones from Elijah. He'd informed her of the fact that they'd found Hayley along with the information that it wasn't Marcel or any of his vampires that had taken her.

However, he didn't go into any detail as to who it actually was. Although he did seem to anticipate the questions would be asked rather quickly, Emma assumed as his info-dump was followed up by a warning to steer clear of Klaus for a little while longer. Even with Hayley safe and everyone aware that Emma had nothing to do with what had happened, the hybrid was still quite riled up and explosive after the entire ordeal.

And Emma didn't have to be warned twice. Not that he would have been the first she'd go to for answers anyways. The first would be Elijah. Which was why she dialed his number not long after she'd gone through her morning routine (in the afternoon) and found herself ready for whatever the day ahead would bring next. However, the vampire didn't answer her first or second call. The other person she'd have called would be Hayley. That idea, though, only served as a reminder that she needed to get the werewolf's number next time she had the chance.

"You know what? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth." Emma told herself, clicking the off button on her phone and sticking it into the back pocket of her jeans. Everything had worked out, and it seemed to have remained fine in the time since. No one was calling her for help or assistance so she wouldn't put herself in a position where they could. "A Mikaelson free start to the day seems like a lovely idea."

Instead of hunting down any of the vampires who were severely getting on her nerves as of late, Emma made the decision to go elsewhere. Considering the amount of magic which had been used around the city in the last twelve hours (her own fight with Klaus along with Sabine's locator spell) there was a witch she was hoping to see and reassure that all of it was condoned and above board.

 Considering the amount of magic which had been used around the city in the last twelve hours (her own fight with Klaus along with Sabine's locator spell) there was a witch she was hoping to see and reassure that all of it was condoned and above b...

What Emma wasn't expecting when she'd made the decision to go to the church to see Davina was to find her attic hosting guests. Ones she didn't recognize at that. And a vampire too, it didn't take her long to recognize as she quickly sensed his presence in the air once she took a pause standing at the attic door, listening in to the ongoing conversation before the two became aware of her presence.

"It's not his fault, he just wants to keep me safe." Davina's words, whatever the topic, were clearly speaking of Marcel, making Emma's brows furrow as she wondered why she might be saying it.

"Safe? From what?" The unknown vampire questioned in a confused tone.

"Basically, a coven of psycho witches wants to sacrifice me in a blood ritual." The fact that Davina was so openly telling him such things was quick to put Emma on edge.

"Oh! Wow, okay, uhhh... I'm sorry?"

"Don't be. I'm going to destroy them all. And once they're gone, everything will go back to normal. I'll have my old life back!" Davin announced, and from the tone of her voice, Emma could basically hear the smile which must've spread over her face at the thought of it all.