[27]

Emma knew that with everything that had happened in the twenty-four hours and the shift of power taking place among the vampires running the French Quarter, she should have most certainly expected dramatics and theatrics from the Mikaelson in charge. However, even as she found herself sitting at an opulent dinner table within the Abattoir, the Broussard still found her eyes rolling at all of it as Klaus himself stood at the head of the table, delivering a poignant speech.

"Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time." He spoke proudly. Although, if Emma could put her own attribute to it, she would have rather chosen pompously. "But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine."

"And act more dramatically than humans could possibly stomach." She muttered out, knowing perfectly well that with all the vampire ears surrounding her, none would have missed the comment. And the only one who might've was sitting right by her side anyways, Hayley forcing herself to cough in an attempt to mask the laughter which threatened to escape at her words.

Klaus on the other hand entirely ignored her as he motioned towards a group of wait staff to have them join the vampires at the table, one member of staff for each of the high ranking vampires crowded around the table. "Insatiable need, exquisite pain," Klaus began to list as the servants slit their wrists with knives, filling the cups with blood for the vampires. "Our victories, and our defeats." Emma scrunched up her nose in disgust, this time keeping in a comment about the perfectly stocked fridge of blood bags available in the kitchen.

"To my city, my home again." Klaus said, sparing a moment to look to Marcel who sat at his side as he rose a glass to all the vampires he'd gathered for the morning. "May the blood never cease to flow..."

"And the party never end!" Marcel finished the toast for him, rising his own glass as he looked around the faces of those who'd thus far so loyally served him, clearly sending a message. However, as she watched him, Emma found herself unable to distinguish exactly what that message was.

"To New Orleans." Unlike her, Diego could, and it was what prompted him to go along, his own glass raising as he spoke with a smile on his face.

"To New Orleans!" With a group agreement, everyone at the table drank from their cups while Hayley and Emma were left sitting side by side, sharing bored looks between themselves as they watched the scene transpire.

"I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here today to assure you that you are not defeated." Klaus began to say. Though, Emma suspected that after all of the gloating over his victory, no one was really taking his words to heart or deeming them genuine. "No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel, in fact, took and built for this true community of vampires."

"What about her?" Diego, the most vocal of the group, couldn't help but interrupt the speech, his finger pointing to the other end of the table where Hayley sat, earning himself a glare from both her and the brunette by her side. "The wolf." Not that he cared, clearly.

"Had you'd let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address." Klaus said, his tone somewhat pointed, showing how little he appreciated the interruption as he made his way around the table and over to stand behind Hayley's chair. "As many of you know, the girl is carrying my child. Consequently, I trust you will all pay her the appropriate respect."

"And if you don't... Yikes." Emma mumbled out again, spinning her fingers through the air and smiling proudly as the vampire's eyes turned back to their bloodied cups, watching as the liquid within them boiled and burned, the message it was meant to send awfully clear.