ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙

• Xiaoting •

"Māmā, Bàba, there's so much snow!" I shouted in glee as I tried to catch the snowflakes falling from the sky.

We just finished watching the first snow from high up! and said it was the Namsan Tower.

"Baobei, did you have fun?" Bàba was holding me in his arms as we were now going back to our car.

"Yes! Everyone and everything was so small, like this," I connected my thumb and pointer finger, leaving only a small space in between. "And when the snow poured down, it was like marshmallows falling everywhere!"

Māmā took me from Bá's arms and wiped my face off of snowflakes with her free hand. "Then, does my little treasure want some hot choco with marshmallows?"

"I do, I do, I do!"

"Let's get going then."

As we drove on the snow-filled streets, I saw a vendor selling a weird looking fish. I quickly rose up from my sit and tapped my mother's shoulder.

", ! Can we buy those fishies please?~" I pointed towards the window as we slowly got farther away from the tasty looking snack.

"Mā, Mā! Can we buy those fishies please?~" I pointed towards the window as we slowly got farther away from the tasty looking snack

"Okay, baobei, but sit down first as it might get dangerous. Also, it's called hotteok and they're really delicious."

"Hotteok? Sounds yummy~" I immediately settled back down as my father made a U-turn to go back.

I was back again in my father's arms because he feared that I would slip on the icy streets. It didn't take long for us to get our food, but as I was nibbling on my hotteok, there was a sudden shout from across the street. A little girl, probably younger than me, was being carried towards a car while she was kicking the big man holding her.

"Both of you get in the car." Bàba commanded as he put me in mother's arms while he run across the street. The street was almost deserted aside from us and the few people buying from the vendor.

"Please help us call the police!" Māmā shouted at the three teenagers hiding behind the vendor's stall. She put me in the backseat of the car. "Xiao'er, I need you to stay here, okay? Don't get out no matter what."

"But Bàba said-"

"I know, Xiao'er. But Māmā has to see what-"

She was suddenly cut off when a loud bang echoed the streets. She quickly closed the door while I was left staring at her through the windows. I could feel the worry in her eyes when she looked at the black van. I just noticed that my father was clutching onto his arm while he was on top of a man covered in black clothing. I think his other arm was holding... a gun? Why is the stranger pointing it at my father?