chapter 1

[❀]

"Great. I'm lost."

I say to myself as I continue to walk around the busy airport as I had been doing for the past 45 minutes. Why the hell would anyone build an airport like a fucking maze? It's not hard to make a square shape for an airport. Something simple. C'mon Vegas?

As I frantically walked around like an idiot, my phone suddenly started to buzz in my back pocket. I read the name on the screen to see my best friend of too many years to count, Ainisa. I nervously clicked answer and put my phone up to my ear.

"Hey Ainisa." I say as I continue to walk forward as I hear the background of the busy noise of the airport through my phone.

"Where are you at? I'm done changing and I'm waiting by the bench with our stuff." Ainisa responds and I hear slight shuffling and busy airport noise in the background.

"I have a slight problem with that." I say and she sighs, just imagining what kind of stupidity I could have gotten my self into this time.

"Just give it to me." I listen to her voice on the other side of my phone and I contemplate an answer.

"I'm so lost." I say as she just groans.  I continue to just walk aimlessly, looking for a security guard or just someone that could help me. But, sadly to my unlucky fortune I'm in a bare hallway with unhelpful signs.

"Look. It's not my fault this airport is built like Chucky Cheese playground." I say in response to her annoyance. She giggled slightly.

"Just hurry up and get over here." She continues to laugh. "I mean I'll try." I say, and continue to walk around with no clue of where I am. Walking through endless hallways and by tons of bathrooms and other small spaces.

"Yeah, and I told him I-" I was cut off by running into a person, falling on my ass and dropping everything in my hand. Especially my latte. All over my shirt. My white shirt.

"Shit- I'm so sorry." I apologized and father my stuff from around me. This day just keeps getting worse and worse. I began to stand up and not even looking at who I had bumped into.

"It's fine. Are you okay? Here, let me help you up." The guy said looking down at my now stained shirt then grabbing my hand to help me up.

"Thank you." I say as he looked around nervously before he started to take off his backpack.

"Yeah," he almost starts to say something else but then starts rummaging through his bag to take a letterman's jacket that had the letters XPLR on it. Must've just been a fan of Sam and Colby or something.

I wasn't sure why he was taking it out until I looked down at my shirt and had a sudden realization. It had turned see through, exposing my bra to the whole airport.

"Here. You don't have to give it back." He says handing me the jacket. I took the jacket and put it over my shirt.

"Thank you." I whispered to him, embarrassed as hell. I continue to pick up my stuff and he handed me my phone.

"Here." He said as I smiled at him I finally took a good look at the guy. He sort of scans my face and looked.. a little puzzled?